Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Don't like bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't like bass?

I don't like bass that much cause most of the time it rattles the whole car, I wanna know what's the best speakers for the front and the rear that sound clean with out getting a sub or things like that? What do you guys think?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199269 Current Coupe.

Instagram : moii_26

Playstation Network : el_tyrone

hertz hks 165 and a amp for them

Comment

Bose, Clarion, Pioneer...take your pick. It's not so much brand but size, type and whether or not there's an amp.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Alpine type s without an amp, apline type r with.

Plus the others mentioned are also good, minus pioneer >< good headunits, horrible speakers.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
        Traded with: Cb7xChun
        Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
        Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
        My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Some kicker speakers. Definitely has some nice bass w/o having to get subs

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
            Alpine type s without an amp, apline type r with.

Plus the others mentioned are also good, minus pioneer >< good headunits, horrible speakers.
            Why, i had Pioneer speakers in my cb and they were awesome...the clarity alone was enough to make me buy another set of Pioneer speakers.

In fact, my dude had a 96 civic hatch, and he had a set of Pioneer speakers for 10 years with no tears or blowouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              In fact, my dude had a 96 civic hatch, and he had a set of Pioneer speakers for 10 years with no tears or blowouts.
              Pioneer 10 years ago is different than Pioneer now. 10 years ago Pioneer made a good speaker, now they are mediocre at best. Anything you can buy at Wal-Mart for car audio is not going to be anything special, but to the OP, if you are only looking for clean, non excessive sound maybe look into infinity reference.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
              WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

The Pioneer speakers you can get from Wal-Mart suck. They still make decent stuff, just have to go online, or to an audio place that sells them.
                _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  Bose, Clarion, Pioneer...take your pick. It's not so much brand but size, type and whether or not there's an amp.
                  And install and location

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I have Kenwoods. Decent sound, and just the right amount of bass. But I think they're starting to blow.
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Eww, someone actually recommended Bose?

Get a sub. Then sound deaden the whole car. No vibrations and rattles

Comment

My brother had all infinity speakers in his '95 teg, kickers in his truck, I've had sony's, pioneers and helped install kickers. Of those, kickers had the best bass but Infinity by far sounded the best, if you're willing to spend several hundred on speakers and amp
                        Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

you could always get smaller subs and still have a decent bass sound without the rattling. like some "10's and 600-700 watt amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                            Eww, someone actually recommended Bose?

Get a sub. Then sound deaden the whole car. No vibrations and rattles
                            The big problem with the bose systems is the head unit, not the speakers or amps.

Example: My friend has a loaded nissan maxima SE. It has the bose system in it, and it doesn't sound great. We parted out a 96 maxima GLE, and I grabbed the bose speakers and amps from it, mostly so I could figure out what made them tick. I think he sold them to me for like $10 or $20. If you feed them a signal that isn't completely shit, they'll do mids and highs very well. I have subs anyways, so their issues with bass are not a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7freak92 View Post
                              you could always get smaller subs and still have a decent bass sound without the rattling. like some "10's and 600-700 watt amp.
                              A ten with a 600 watt amp would rattle every little part, a 12 with that much will rattle large panels. the best set up in my opinion for a little bass but no rattle would be a small low profile Rockford Fosgate 10 or 12 with like a 150 watt amp. Put it in the small recess on the left side of your trunk (you may have to do a little cutting) and lay down sound deadening sheets/ weather stripping in any loose trunk panels. It will make more than enough bass for anything you want to listen to if you tune it right and won't be in the way for anything you put in the trunk.
                              http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CFMQ8wIwAA#
                              This is a good sounding sub, I've had one and heard several others in peoples car.
                              Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Working...
                              X