Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

strut bar through subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut bar through subs

whats up has anyone here put there rear strut bar through there sub box?if so how is the sound ?any rattling or extra noises my subs were stolen and im putting new ones and some one told me bout the idea.also anyone have pix of the strut through the box thankz
    Someone stole my system

If I were you I would probably mount the bar TO the box instead of THROUGH the box. You won't have to worry about sound distortion etc., but you still have the security and the box won't move so much in the trunk. It's what I'd do if I had a rear strut bar, but that's just me.

Comment

Yeah, mount the bar to the box, if you put it through the box you'll have one hell of a time getting the box out later if you decide to get a new box or something. Plus it would look better if it was mounted to the box as opposed to through it...

Comment

I think it would be vibrating a lot to.

Comment

why not just get 2 single boxes and put mount them on the right and left side of the trunk then get the strut bar and put that there. Or just mount the sub box down.

Comment

just do it like mine, i had a custom enclosure built around the box, so i couldnt move it. it was as far back as could be, but i managed.

Comment

93accordexcoupe do you have pics of your box from the back? I want to see what it looks like on the inside of the trunk.
              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                  thats such a sick trunk setup, and your car handles like a dream with all those strut bars
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

id use u-bolts and clamp that sucker to the strut bar. forget having somebody just cut wires and walk away with it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I made the mistake of not bolting my shit down, and I woke up one morning to my entire car being cleaned out. I can tell you the long story, but Ill shorten it:

I put on some pants, chased the little punks ass down 4 streets in barefeet, beat the ever living hell out of him (he passed out twice) and was going to break his leg near the ankle when the police rolled up. The neighbor called to say someone was being mugged lol. Police questioned me, put him in cuffs, gave me a ride back to my apartment. It was then that I discovered he actually took my entire system out of my trunk! a dual 12" JLw7 box, 12 disc cd changer, a Japanese model in dash DVD player with screen, and 2 500/1 JL amps. Had I known he got those out, I dont know how he may have turned out. I just beat him like I did for stealing my 500cd case.

The cops were talking about me on the radio and I am known in Richmond, KY for "the airforce guy that chased, apprehended, and applied vigorous street justice to a perpetrator of grand theft."

I also broke my hand on his face.

Felt so good to hurt so bad.

BOLT your stuff down with star bolts or weld it in there! Little wussy brakets arent good enough either. get actual metal ribs and put many screws into your box, and then bolt THAT to your trunk metal. (Here in kentucky they will steal anything)

Comment

I Bolted My Shit To The Floor And The Wanted It Sooo Bad The Took The Playwood Floor, Carpet, And The System
                        (my Cardbord One Was Not Strong Enough For The Box And Kept Bending So I Made One Out Of Plywood)

WTB: edm rear fog, 88-91 ef 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBaron_CB7
                          The cops were talking about me on the radio and I am known in Richmond, KY for "the airforce guy that chased, apprehended, and applied vigorous street justice to a perpetrator of grand theft."

Did they break into your trunk to get your subs? or did they go in through the back seat?

/wants to know for his own security reasons
                          //lives in a small town where everyone knows everyone therefore theft is pretty low
                          ///does go to nashville (1hr away) on occassion therefore wants security
                          Last edited by increaseBLu3; 09-01-2006, 03:28 PM.

Comment

My shit got jacked out of my first cb7. It was a sedan, and they popped the little glass piece out from the back door with a screw driver. Very stealth, the glass piece was laying unharmed next to my tire. My dumb ass shattered it in 5 seconds trying to force it back into place would have been a breeze if I would have juss taken a second to be careful.

Comment

i wouldent think it would rattle if your box has carpet....i wouldent know because my box covers half my trunk from the back seat up...
                              I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

Comment

Working...
                              X