Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear fogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear fogs?

I've searching this site for as much info as can get, but still have a few questions. I've read that our bumper covers have an indentation that can be seen once it is removed, and that it will make the cutting of the hole easy. I would like to find the rear fog prior to removing the bumper. Can someone tell me which side I will find this on once the bumper is removed? Are the rear fogs side sensitive, or can the same rear fog be used for either side? And does anyone know where I can buy one that's brand new? Thanx...

Ummmm ok i got one...didnt wire it up yet....some bumpers have the indentation...going to have to remove it to find out...mine didnt...i dont think the USDM bumpers have the cutouts but i could be wrong. Ummm as far as which side id think it be on both sides but again i could be wrong....they arent side sensitive but depending on if u put them on left or right they have to be angled diff...like if they are used on the left they have to be angled down but in right they tilt up slightly...mine had those directions printed on the plastic...like l-u or right-d i dunno...and brand new..check passwordjdm.com although their prices are crazy sometimes or pm the member UK-Accord...i got mine from him for 80shipped and he was reliable and fast so ill vouch for him.

EDIT- and as far as installing its easy...i just took the bumper off...i put the mounting bracket inside the bumper...drew with a sharpie around it and cut it out...i then sanded it down and test fit every couple seconds till it fit good and wala i think it came out decent :
    Last edited by Ralphie; 08-25-2006, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I plan on getting two of them for my rear end, as well as the JDM side bumper lights for the rear bumper. Not all of the bumpers have the indent, but if you don't ask someone on here how to do it (Ralphie) they can probably tell you how.
      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
      My (old) Ride

Comment

oh yea and as far as lining it up i used that natural body line indent above the rear fog thats wraps around the bumper..you can also use the tail light cracks to line it up to where you want it..i wanted mine kind of offset...others have it more alligned like Joey(stickydiljoe) had his lined up with his trunk crack in the tails so it depends on how you go about it...i looked and couldnt find actually regulations regarding rear fogs just the same old tail light and light combo bs so :shrugs: i dunno i figure if i ever get pulled over for it im going to just repeat, "its a rear fog light, its for saftey purposes, it doesnt flash or blink so leave me alone"
        Last edited by Ralphie; 08-25-2006, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Search for Rear foglights.
          there are pics of it, and you should be able to see exactly how they did it in Japan/Europe.

Edit: here's the link
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=rear+foglight

good luck
          (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

Niiiiiiiiiiice, that looks great! Exactly the way I'm hoping mine will turn out. thanks for the info. I emailed UK-accord yesterday from work. Hopefully he can set me up too.

Comment

I'll vouch too, he's a good guy and very legit. Haven't bought anything personally, but he's cool and his stuff is in good condition.
              (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by caleb5022
                Niiiiiiiiiiice, that looks great! Exactly the way I'm hoping mine will turn out. thanks for the info. I emailed UK-accord yesterday from work. Hopefully he can set me up too.
                no problem. Yea hopefully he still has one or two...when i bought mine he had two pairs and he sold both but then got 2 more so i dunno but he comes across a lot of stuff but last i checked he was busy with jobs and work and stuff so he was having problem sending out big bulky stuff and people were starting to get suspicious of him but there was no delay with my product so for 80$ he could have owned me and he didnt so id buy from him again

Comment

Working...
                X