Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The return to a CB7...

So this is going to be interesting.
    The last time i logged on to this site was in 2009, the last time i had a CB7. I had to sell mine due to issues and have been sad ever since. I luckily found a almost mint condition one for sale locally and had to get it. It has 237k and is a 5MT Black 93 EX.

So i am rusty on it considering i havent worked on it for almost 10+ years.
    Question is, the ABS pump motor is out and the ABS light is on. Can i go ahead and disconnect the ABS module in the rear and the light go out ? Or is there a decent actual fix to this.

Any help would be appreciated. I will also post some pictures (everyone loves pics right ?) - Edit - i used to use imageshack...whats the new one now ?
    Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Disconnect the module in the rear and the light will go out. You can replace the motor, but it may be difficult finding one; bigger problem may be finding a working pump.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Re

I disconnected both plugs and the light is on from the get go now....

Comment

^Both plugs? There's 4 total at the abs computer, 2 @ the relays and the other 2 plug directly into the computer itself. Plus 1 ground IIRC. Disconnect everything and you should be good to go.

Comment

Pull the ABS pump and clean the internal sliders. It’s really not hard to fix ABS “pump over run”.
          5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
            Pull the ABS pump and clean the internal sliders. It’s really not hard to fix ABS “pump over run”.
            I would disagree that it isn't hard. It was a big pita when i did it. THe part that is a pita is to get the pump all apart right.

Comment

There’s not a ton of parts to disassemble. Just take your time and remember the process. Ive done it on two CB’s already. There was a diy on this I saw somewhere a while back. Driving around with a shit ABS sucks worse than yanking the pump and fixing it. Give it a shot. If you get stuck somewhere hit me up. I’m pretty sure I can walk you through it blind lol.
              5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Re

I pulled two in the back (on the bottom)
                Unplugged the two right near the ABS fuse box and the one right on top of the ABS fluid and also one orange on the driver side (next to cruise)

I think I got them all ? The one on the computer is right under the passenger floor mat right ? (Been a while)

I'm trying to get cruise to work along this....

Comment

Re

Found the other two plugs on the unit and removed them..... light is gone ! Appreciate the help guys !

Comment

Working...
                  X