Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

5 Lug Swap!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Lug Swap!

I want to do the 5 lug swap to my accord soon, and i found a parts honda odyssey at the junkyard and if i last recall i get the knuckles from it right or do i use everything? What exactly do i need for this 5 lug swap to bolt up completely to my 91 accord? I kno theres a write up on here but i couldnt find it..
    1991 Lsv Da9 - Project Boost
    1992 Virgin Ex - Daily + All black Gutz an things..

Read through this. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=185170

Comment

get the whole spindles u can use ur upper ball joints lower control arms and tie rods. check them now would be a good time to replace them for the rear u need rear prelude hubs and integra itr rotors and use ur calipers if u have drum i know how u can use drums with the 5 lug also

Comment

sweet and simple for the drumline

front

2002 Acura TL front spindle complete with caliper/rotor

replace lower balljoint and wheel bearing with new ones for safety reasons

rear

97 Prelude rear hub

01 CR-V drum

nice set of 5 lug rims 16" or bigger, 15's will not clear the front caliper

5 lug spare tire from the TL and you are

DONE
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
          holy hell, i thought it was gunna be easier then this, i guess ill just aquire parts overtime and once i have it all, ill transfer it all. i thought it was just a matter of a single car and swaping the parts over. which it looks like the bb6 parts are pretty much it, they're just not the easiest parts to come by on craigslist or the junkyard haha

Comment

Originally posted by sayumm View Post
            holy hell, i thought it was gunna be easier then this, i guess ill just aquire parts overtime and once i have it all, ill transfer it all. i thought it was just a matter of a single car and swaping the parts over. which it looks like the bb6 parts are pretty much it, they're just not the easiest parts to come by on craigslist or the junkyard haha
            you can also use the TL/Oddysey stuff as that stuff will swap right over without having to ream out the lower control arm to fit the prelude knuckle/ball joint

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

pic of my front suspension using the TL parts

rear

pic of the spare

Last edited by bobbycos; 07-16-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

15" wheels will clear just fine. As proof, the '91-'93 wagon and '95-'97 V6.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  15" wheels will clear just fine. As proof, the '91-'93 wagon and '95-'97 V6.
                  on my setup using the 02 TL front spindle/rotor/caliperbracket setup 15" will not fit, i have a set of 15' rims i bought sitting because of this

for me its 16' or larger

Comment

Damn looks pretty good, there isnt any TL's at the jy but there is more then one oddysey and the suspension isnt touched whatsoever.. i think there might have bbeen one older model prelude? but nothing 5 lug -_-

Comment

And what exactly should i pull of the oddysey van before it gets found at the junkyard? Cause it will be cheap and i wana do it asap cause it looks like it literatly just got put in there the day i had seen it and prolly wont be there for long..

Comment

I'm not looking forward to doing this but I think I'm going to eventually.. would you guys that have actually done it say it's worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by sayumm View Post
                          And what exactly should i pull of the oddysey van before it gets found at the junkyard? Cause it will be cheap and i wana do it asap cause it looks like it literatly just got put in there the day i had seen it and prolly wont be there for long..
                          Please go read the DIYs instead of asking the questions here. It's not that the information can't exist here as well as there but you're being handed the location of the information and you're still asking for yourself.

Here's a few more:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=5-lug

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=5-lug

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?searchid=7795526
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I like how simple you put it in this reply... I am going to do it this way.

Comment

What are the advantages of this other than more wheel choices?

Comment

Working...
                              X