Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Possible EGR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible EGR?

Hi all,

I'm a super noob looking for some inside help on misfiring and possible EGR.

I just got a 93 accord lx a few weeks and i have been noticing a few things.
    My first issue I've found is at idle my engine seems to miss. Can hear it best from listening to the exuast. I have replaced the plugs and wires (NGk) with no luck. There was some oil in the spark plug tubs so I replaced the valve cover gasket and upper spark plug seals. From what I can tell the previous owners didn't do much except chang the oil. I plan on doing cap and rotor later this week. I also checked the ignition timing and seemed to on the money.

My other issue is when driving at steady speed (35-40 mph) at about 1500-2000 rpms it stutters or hesitates. From what I've read here that is a sign of EGR.

Tonight I went out and yanked the vacume line from the EGR and took it for a drive. I still have the misfire at idle but the stutter while driving seems to gone.

Would you all recommend that a good cleaning would do the job or how can I tell of the valve is the issue and needs to be replaced.

Also would a cleaning of he EGR help with my idle miss or do I have two issues going on here.

thanks for any input!

Last edited by Barley; 05-31-2012, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I was unable to see the video you posted on this laptop, but I was just wondering if you have had any luck with the issues you were having. I seem to be having the same symptoms with the 93 ex I just bought.

Comment

yea cant see video and i also think i have the same problem but them bolts dont come off that easy
        10th Anniversary Accord.
        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

I have had similar problems. Cleaning the egr can help with the idle, I've seen it and done it myself. Hesitation is definitely a sign of the egr as well. Keep in mind, the two bolts that hold the egr on are a pain to get to and get off, I also suggest doing it while the engine is cool, I burned myself many times before doing it while warm. Cleaning the egr may only help for a little bit, my cel went off for a day or two at most. Then it came back, the hesitation wasnt as bad, but it slowly came back. All my other friends seem to have similar problems, I would suggest changing the valve, I need to do so my self but they are crazy expensive.. best of luck man.
          Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

what about a blockoff of the egr? all it does us pump in hot, dirty air. slapping on some flat peices of metal was all it took on my ma70 supra.

Comment

Forum noob myself, but before I discovered cb7tuner.com I've been playing around with my cb7 and have to agree with trinistylez. Except for my CEL never came back on once I cleaned it out and hesitation pretty much went away. But I sat there for an extra 20 mins and really left that sucker clean going through a half can of choke cleaner
              Hoonigan: a person who participates in any type of reckless driving including but not limited to drifting, drag racing, burnouts, doughnuts as well as acts of automotive aeronautics.
              MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=195250

Comment

Working...
              X