No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after a long weekend I managed to forget my knuckle and upper control arm at home. So these will get dropped off tomorrow. Although I took this time to start putting the interior of the car back together after the wire tuck. I managed to get a few more things done tonight.

-Wiring under dash wrapped and routed
    -Wiring all arranged to fit under trim pieces and otherwise hidden
    -Vacuumed under carpet and surrounding area on passenger side (under ecu/tcu tray, misc)
    -Blower Motor reinstalled
    -Ecu and tcu mounted and installed
    -Dashboard reinstalled
    -Glove compartment reinstalled
    -Carpet reinstalled on passenger and driver side

I still have a few misc item around the dashboard to reattach but otherwise it is complete. I still need to get the center console area figured out. A bracket needs to be installed somewhere for the JDM arm rest to screw into. I think it's been awhile since I've looked at it.

So after looking at how much larger the P14 ecu is than the PT6 I sat and pondered for a long time how I was going to make this gigantic P14 sit where the PT6 did and still hook up the ecu connectors. If they are pushed out too far they hit the plastic venting for the rear foot area. I finally decided to cut off 2 of the mounting tabs on the ecu and 1 one the tcu. This allowed me to shift over the tcu giving the ecu plugs enough room. I wasn't sure if this was going to work because the tcu plugs were so close to a mounting tab for the tray. The result was this.

ECU/TCU Mount 1

ECU/TCU Mount 2

ECU/TCU Installed

Dashboard and Glove Box Installed

Thats enough for tonight I think. It was a long day, I had to work at a satellite out of town today. Along with everything else on a Monday, with a sick GF and baby. I'd say I did alright for the night. I just can't believe I'm finally this close to actually having a running car. It's kind of dumb founding I've been waiting for this since I brought it home so many months ago.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Last night yielded more progress.

-Interior assembled including JDM center console arm rest
      -Inner fenders cleaned up (had a massive amount of oily buildup on the inside )
      -Body cleaned behind fenders
      -Vacuumed water drainage area (can't believe how much crap was packed up under the wiper motor assembly)
      -Fenders installed
      -Headlights and side markers installed

My little guy helping me for a little bit right as I got started.

Passenger Fender

Drivers Fender (Bunch of duct tape residue on it from the damaged bumper PO's idea to fix it instead of buying a $4 piece at Honda to fix it right)

Interior Finished (It is still very dirty. At another point I'm going to take all of the interior out and clean it. Meaning all the trim, carpet and seats. Also you might notice that the drivers seat is any tan leather seat from an Accord while the SE coupe's were very different, but the drivers seat was destroyed when I bought it. I put the sedan seat on the coupe rails and swapped the back onto the coupe seat assemblies as well. This allowed me to retain the farther lean forward for passengers to get in the back. The drivers seat was cleaned and conditioned while it was being swapped. If you couldn't tell it looks so much nicer than the passenger seat and is still soft as new.)

I feel like there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. At least for this stage of this car. I would like to actually get it on the road and enjoy it some before winter arrives again. I still need to buy a battery, I'm not looking forward to that. I think I'm going to go with an Optima of some sort.
      Last edited by Rilas; 07-16-2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Nice Progress you got there. I see your little man is doing the JDM pose! That sucks about the PO using duct tape, hopefully you can get it all off.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
          Nice Progress you got there. I see your little man is doing the JDM pose! That sucks about the PO using duct tape, hopefully you can get it all off.
          Sadly I have to replace that fender. It skimmed something and at the very front of the curve of the wheel well it smoothed out the line in the fender. I will still try to get the residue off, so it doesn't look as bad till the fender gets replaced. My little guy just absolutely loves to be out in the garage, climbing all over the car and playing with my tools. Hopefully a little gear head in the making!

Comment

This thread is exactly what I want to do with an Accord.

I used to own a 93 SE in Geneva Green and I loved that car but I sold it foolishly because the sunroof was leaking(had been replaced once by me) and I did not have the time or money to fix it.

Now I own a house with a complete garage and I have acquired tons of tools but I do not have extra money for a project.

Great thread man!

Good luck on the rest!

She is going to be awesome when she's done!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              This thread is exactly what I want to do with an Accord.

I used to own a 93 SE in Geneva Green and I loved that car but I sold it foolishly because the sunroof was leaking(had been replaced once by me) and I did not have the time or money to fix it.

Now I own a house with a complete garage and I have acquired tons of tools but I do not have extra money for a project.

Great thread man!

Good luck on the rest!

She is going to be awesome when she's done!
              Thank you for the compliments so much Ralphie. I hope that you can find another for yourself soon. It's too bad that you had to pass along the last SE you had. The Geneva Green is such a great color on these cars too.

Comment

Great work on this build , your attention to detail is second to none.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
                  Great work on this build , your attention to detail is second to none.
                  Thanks laz93se, I really appreciate the comment.

Comment

Managed to put in some more work last night. It took several hours of messing with the fenders, headlights and bumper to get them all aligned correctly. I didn't want the gaps looking bad by being large at the top and small at the bottom. So while I didn't get much more done than getting the bumper installed all the body lines look good now.

-Wiring finished
                    -Fender inner liners installed
                    -Mud flaps installed
                    -Grill installed

Front End 1 (Ignore the slight sag under the passenger marking light. The fender bracket isn't installed on that side yet. I need to pickup one of the retaining clips for it from Honda. It lines up very nice when holding it by hand.)

Front End 2

So I'm sure after all the wiring pictures and such, you have all noticed that there are no fog lights even though the harness is installed. Well when I bought the car one of the fog light housings was cracked and leaked water for who knows how many years. This totally rusted out the reflector, so I only have one usable fog right now. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth trying to get it re-chromed or if I should just buy a different one. I'll post of up some pictures of how bad it is today or tomorrow. Also I want to try and find an oem bumper cover first as well, since this is after market is had no markings on the inside for the pattern.

Comment

Just buy a new set. Assuming you do get them re-chromed, you'll still have a cracked lens. You can buy a pair without the harness for around $200 and then resell your current pair for $125 or so.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        Just buy a new set. Assuming you do get them re-chromed, you'll still have a cracked lens. You can buy a pair without the harness for around $200 and then resell your current pair for $125 or so.
                        The lens isn't cracked. It's the back housing that is cracked and JB Weld would seal it up no problem. But I have been debating just buying a new pair and having some spare parts for them.

Comment

what side fog is it? I will more then likely not being using my fogs on my new intercooler set-up and ill have to look when I get home but one of my fogs is in great condition the other has the back housing messed up as well.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                            what side fog is it? I will more then likely not being using my fogs on my new intercooler set-up and ill have to look when I get home but one of my fogs is in great condition the other has the back housing messed up as well.
                            I'm not sure off the top of my head. I actually started working on it when I got the car. I'll pull it off the shelf tonight when I get home and see what side it is and let you know.

Comment

This weekend was very busy but I still managed some progress on Lola.

-Splash guard installed (cleaned also it was filthy on the drivers side)
                              -Starter installed
                              -Bypass hose for cooling installed (forgot about it earlier, in place of deleted fit valve)
                              -Intake tube installed
                              -Knuckle installed
                              -Upper control arm installed
                              -Outer tie rods hooked up to knuckles
                              -Down pipe installed
                              -Shifter cable hooked up
                              -Battery tray installed
                              -Battery cables hooked up

Engine Bay 1

Engine Bay 2 (I know this isn't the AEM V2 I have listed. But it will not fit with the battery I have right now. I have relocated the battery in my sedan, it will be moved over to Lola in a week or two, after that the V2 gets installed. Soon there will be no battery an AEM V2 and custom brackets to support it.)

Passenger Side Fog Light Reflector 1

Passenger Side Fog Light Reflector 2

Passenger Side Fog Light Housing 1

Passenger Side Fog Light Housing 2

I only have about 12 items left on my punch list to wrap up the car. Then its double check everything and finally try to start her up.

Comment

holy rust batman!
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X