Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 rear suspension hitting wheel well after lowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 rear suspension hitting wheel well after lowering

ok so i have a 1992 honda accord LX and i just lowered it on coilovers with stock shocks and i put on some 98 accord stock wheels with 205/55 tires and i have no wheel gap. the coils are as high as they go but the arm above the tire hits the top of the wheel well every decent sized bump i hit.

did you have other oem wheels u can try?
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      did you have other oem wheels u can try?
      Yeah but its not the wheel causing the problem its not touching the wheel is the arm above the wheel that is hitting the wheel well.

Comment

Those shocks are probably blown because factory shocks are not supposed to be lowered. Especially on coilovers that slam the car to the ground. REad the very first thing you learn about suspensions on this site and remove the death traps you've put on your car. Get a reliable suspension and stop trying to look dope for cheap. Modifying suspensions in an unsafe manner puts both you and others on the road in danger.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          Those shocks are probably blown because factory shocks are not supposed to be lowered. Especially on coilovers that slam the car to the ground. REad the very first thing you learn about suspensions on this site and remove the death traps you've put on your car. Get a reliable suspension and stop trying to look dope for cheap. Modifying suspensions in an unsafe manner puts both you and others on the road in danger.
          listen i understand that the shocks need to be upgraded and thats the next thing im going to buy. My only question is if that is the problem. i dont want to spend 600+ on struts that wont fix the problem. And for the record the only thing my car is a hazard to is your jaw, because everytime you see it it makes it drop so hard you dislocate it.

Comment

Actually, it'd probably dislocate from laughing. Any car slammed on stock shocks is likely to be very far from impressive. It sure as hell wouldn't impress me. It's halfassed and dangerous.

I assume you're slammmmmmed, correct? As you lower the car, the upper control arms go higher and higher in the wheel well. Eventually, when you go low enough, they will hit. Without shocks to slow the impact, they'll slam pretty damn hard. So yes, the shocks will help the problem. Raising your car a little higher than ricerslammed status will fix the rest of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Actually, it'd probably dislocate from laughing. Any car slammed on stock shocks is likely to be very far from impressive. It sure as hell wouldn't impress me. It's halfassed and dangerous.

I assume you're slammmmmmed, correct? As you lower the car, the upper control arms go higher and higher in the wheel well. Eventually, when you go low enough, they will hit. Without shocks to slow the impact, they'll slam pretty damn hard. So yes, the shocks will help the problem. Raising your car a little higher than ricerslammed status will fix the rest of the problem.
              listen dude im not trying to be a dick. im just working with a budget. had you have not ragged on my setup i wouldve been nice about it, but no you had to flame. So how bout you calm down and go cry to your mommy about how some "ricer" asked for help on a begginer forum. You sir can have a nice day.

Comment

"im just working with a budget."
                tells us right there that your car probably isnt even in the best of shape to begin with, and not once in his post was he rude, all he was doing was telling the truth. Blown shocks are a hazard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0nfx0uxLBQ
                watch the difference

Comment

That was my first time posting in this thread.

Jarrett did not insult your suspension. He merely told you that it is dangerous, which it is. Very dangerous. He explained exactly what the problem is.
                  You gave a dick response, because apparently that wasn't the answer you wanted to hear.

Show respect, and you'll be shown respect. Show disrespect, and you can get the fuck off my forum.

Comment

U flamed him plain and simple face it op he doesn't come out much and he types lots cause if he say that shit in my area we will beat him down film cupcake deev and jarrett answer ? Or just shut ur diksukka. U need a rear camber kit bro I'm sorry these crying assholes won't help u. Just them 2 kno it all the rest will help u and u hitting on both sides? ...................sign up for hondatech ull get a answer peace bro it not Rollin a deathtrap lol ubthebone riding bumpy fkbit gotta do what u gotta
                    Last edited by speedfr3ak; 11-29-2012, 07:09 AM. Reason: NO FLAMING O YEA ONLY OWNER CAN
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

This thread right here is a prime example of what's ruining this forum. I can only assume OP is under 20, has a minimum wage job and lives with parents. Please don't ruin your car, if you don't have the money to do it properly, don't do it at all. Or buy a civic.

Comment

Man, where's Jane Goodall when you need her help?

Speedfreak, you are the definition of an e-thug. This is twice you've directly threatened me. I'm not even going to insult you anymore. Your mouth simply being open does the work for me. If you do it again, you're getting banned. You shouldn't even have been given this much of a leash, but I guess we all just really wanted to see this magical Accord with a C32A and 6-speed in it. Watch your mouth or you can leave.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Let the guy wreck his shit, it is what he wants to do... Not like you didn't give him fair warning.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Camber kits don't fix stupidity...
                            Last edited by wildBill83; 11-29-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Camber correction also raises the upper control arms even higher.
                              speedfr3ak, I'd ban you if you weren't such a perfect example of what's wrong with this site. Please, continue to be the mascot for incomprehensible idiocy. You provide a valuable service to this community.

It's fine if you're a beginner, and you don't know what you're doing. We've all done stupid things in our ignorance when we first started. However, when you ask for help, and that help is given to you... and you throw it back in the face of the person helping you... that's rude.

Comment

Working...
                              X