Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 turbo kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Look into Mahle Gold Series pistons. They're the only forged pistons readily avialable that will work with FRM sleeves.
    or if you could find some f20c or f22c pistons and have some rods made. they are forged as well.

Comment

really. never new they fit. thanks for the heads up

Comment

The F20C/F22C has been known to hold up to lots of boost in stock form as well.

However, the Mahle pistons with some proper rods would probably be a more reliable option. Especially for a beginner. You don't want to get TOO creative! Especially since you'll be playing it safe.

Comment

thats good to know. but mostlikely going with the mahle pistons if i decide to build the motor more. any advice on what rods to use?

Comment

Originally posted by hseriesaccord View Post
            thats good to know. but mostlikely going with the mahle pistons if i decide to build the motor more. any advice on what rods to use?
            Ebay has the best deals on Mahle pistons and Eagle rods.

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Eagle rods aren't hardcore... but they should be fine for a mild setup. Rod strength isn't quite as important on a turbo motor (until you go crazy) as it is with an NA motor.

If you buy on ebay, just be sure you're buying from a reputable seller. I don't know of anyone selling knockoff pistons or rods labeled as brand names... but if they're out there, the "too good to be true" pricing is where you'll most likely find them.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Eagle rods aren't hardcore... but they should be fine for a mild setup. Rod strength isn't quite as important on a turbo motor (until you go crazy) as it is with an NA motor.

If you buy on ebay, just be sure you're buying from a reputable seller. I don't know of anyone selling knockoff pistons or rods labeled as brand names... but if they're out there, the "too good to be true" pricing is where you'll most likely find them.
                Yes, I agree shop around on Ebay, check their profiles and their reputation. And no Eagle rods aren't hardcore..lol...but you won't want to be pushing hardcore #'s without sleeving the block.

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

alright thanks guys. ill do that see the prices and see if im going to get good enough deals to stay in my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by reccakun08 View Post
                    He is obviously not ready to build his own turbo kit and all you guys are just giving him bs general answers. judging from his post he wants to boost and tune for 8psi which is absolutely retarded. To be honest if you want to turbo it just get a kit since your knowledge seems fairly low. There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself.

1-Budget: How much are you willing to spend?
                    2-Power: How much power do you want to make?
                    3-Motor capability: Currenty condition of motor with the addition of boost?
                    4-Tune: Although you said you have a good tuner in your area what does he use to tune? what are you planning to use stand alone/piggy back/ecu rom?

A kit is very simple and straight foward usually everything you need and already setup for a user. However they usually are expensive and arent very efficient. When you buy a kit it usually is what it is. When you are custom planning your own you need to know what power, what size turbo and what boost level to be efficient, what manifold are you going to use, what injector size, what are you using to tune, whose installing, can your current motor without a rebuild handle the extra power, etc...
                    well if he doesnt have the knowledge, then maybe he shouldnt even consider a turbo then, should he? dont contradict me and deev, the answers we gave were not at all bs. they were informed and based on experience from what we may have done or have seen done. later.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Originally posted by reccakun08 View Post
                      He is obviously not ready to build his own turbo kit and all you guys are just giving him bs general answers. judging from his post he wants to boost and tune for 8psi which is absolutely retarded. To be honest if you want to turbo it just get a kit since your knowledge seems fairly low. There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself.

1-Budget: How much are you willing to spend?
                      2-Power: How much power do you want to make?
                      3-Motor capability: Currenty condition of motor with the addition of boost?
                      4-Tune: Although you said you have a good tuner in your area what does he use to tune? what are you planning to use stand alone/piggy back/ecu rom?

A kit is very simple and straight foward usually everything you need and already setup for a user. However they usually are expensive and arent very efficient. When you buy a kit it usually is what it is. When you are custom planning your own you need to know what power, what size turbo and what boost level to be efficient, what manifold are you going to use, what injector size, what are you using to tune, whose installing, can your current motor without a rebuild handle the extra power, etc...
                      Sounds like a scam artist trying to get him to buy stupid shit.

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua View Post
                        Sounds like a scam artist trying to get him to buy stupid shit.
                        yea kind of, its more bad advice for someone who obviously doesnt have alot of knowledge when it comes to turbo. no offense to the op. when building a turbo car, reliability should be your main concern, who cares what hp and tq numbers youre putting down if you blow your motor after 3 pulls on the dyno. (i did this with an SR20). cheap kits arent going to provide reliability in almost all cases. period.

later.

Comment

The OP has already shown me that, while he's not extremely knowledgeable, he's willing and able to learn. A guy like that will do well, as long as he doesn't get lazy and take the easy way out (and the easy way never ends up being easy... or cheap)

Comment

haha. don't worry, no offense takin. and yes I'm trying to do it right the first time around. even if I'm trying to boost a pretty much stock motor. ive heard of plenty of h22s being boosted stock at 300hp. I mean I migt not get lucky and get that goal reliably. but I do plan on trying to be safe as possible when doing it. I don't want to blow the motor as soon as I get it turboed. I don't plan on cutting any corners and hopefully I can reach my desired goal. I have been readin a lot about it and trying to figure out a safe way to do it. so hopefully I can make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by hseriesaccord View Post
                              haha. don't worry, no offense takin. and yes I'm trying to do it right the first time around. even if I'm trying to boost a pretty much stock motor. ive heard of plenty of h22s being boosted stock at 300hp. I mean I migt not get lucky and get that goal reliably. but I do plan on trying to be safe as possible when doing it. I don't want to blow the motor as soon as I get it turboed. I don't plan on cutting any corners and hopefully I can reach my desired goal. I have been readin a lot about it and trying to figure out a safe way to do it. so hopefully I can make it happen.
                              i would contact members that have already done it and ask as many questions as possible. people with experience with h22s are who you should be shooting questions at, and hopefully they can give you good answers. good luck with the build

Comment

thanks. I was planning on doing that too. Hopefully I can get the build going during this wintrr time. And get it tuned after winter. Don't worry I still do have a bunch of friends that's willin to drive me anywhere most of the time. Specially since I've done it for them while they were bulding there engines. My friend just got done rebuilding his 2.0 liter ls-vtec turboed eg. I was driving him around everywhere while that was going on. And he got a new bigger turbo. He got the garret gt37r. His car was already fast. Now I'm it even faster. Hes one of the people that are going to help me piece together the turbo. He now has a beater car though. So he'l use that too drive me around. Plus I got plenty of other friends. So I should be good for the time being while I'm putting the turbo together.
                                Last edited by hseriesaccord; 11-23-2009, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X