Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projector Headlights - What's Garbage and What's Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projector Headlights - What's Garbage and What's Not?

Hey, I'm looking into getting projector headlights and I'm wondering what is garbage and what isn't. I know that Ebay projectors are garbage for the most part, so I'm not looking on Ebay. The ones I'm looking at are

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...r00032590.html

I'm just wondering if you guys think these are any good or not. I would get PIAA H4 lights to go with these. I appreciate any input.

Thanks

The ones you posted = complete garbage.

The ones with a projector as the low beam, and regular high beam reflector = not so bad.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...i00149674.html

so how about these ones then?

I want to find something good, and I've been looking hard but it isn't easy finding something good. I would prefer if the headlights were one pieces.
      Last edited by capo_status; 11-17-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

the only way is to take out the projectors in those and put in some quality projectors.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by capo_status View Post
          http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...i00149674.html

so how about these ones then?

I want to find something good, and I've been looking hard but it isn't easy finding something good. I would prefer if the headlights were one pieces.
          i have those and love them check out my MR and look at how they are with 8k's.
          Members Ride sold...
          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Hey, I'm looking into getting projector headlights and I'm wondering what is garbage and what isn't. I know that Ebay projectors are garbage for the most part, so I'm not looking on Ebay. The ones I'm looking at are

I'm just wondering if you guys think these are any good or not. I would get PIAA H4 lights to go with these. I appreciate any input.

Thanks
            I have these. They can actually be found on ebay for alot cheaper. I took out the h4 projector and replaced it with a 9006 projector from a Hyundai Tiburon. I also painted the hi beam reflector with some yellow stained glass paint and turned it into a fog light. I converted the middle projector into a demon eye by painting it red. It looks hott. Oh yeah, I also added dual angel eyes. So basically, even though I got the "cheap ebay ones" they are one of a kind and I like them.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Just avoid any headlight completely that uses an h3 bulb as a lowbeam bulb.

My 6th gen accord thread
              99 Miata

Comment

Thanks
                i got a set for sale.......fyi

Originally posted by deevergote
                Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

First of all, I don't mean to thread jack. If you would prefer I open a new thread I'd be glad to.

Secondly, With the posted headlight above, the projectors look like they are only with the low beams, no high beams? Do these take the standard 9005 and 9006 bulb or do they have their own special bulb that accepts the stock electrical plug?
                  Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I don't mean to threadjack either, but what about a DIY projector retrofit in your stock assemblies? they look even sweeter...

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                      I don't mean to threadjack either, but what about a DIY projector retrofit in your stock assemblies? they look even sweeter...
                      X2

click to see my ride
                      click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                        the Only Way Is To Take Out The Projectors In Those And Put In Some Quality Projectors.
                        :d
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

retrofit is the best looking with high quality projectors., just requires some work.

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                          DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Thanks
                            you'll get these cheaper on ebay, they are the same shit, remember its not ebay brand.

the second set you can also get it on ebay for 106 bucks, i got them and they are nice

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Working...
                            X