This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wb7h
    Does anyone know on average how much good racing seats for the CB7 would weigh over the stock ones?
    My NEX bucket racing seats weigh in at about 14lbs each...

My car weighs in at 2760ish with me in it...that was with the gas light on also...

so considering I weigh about 150... it's at 2600ish lbs...
    Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 09-14-2004, 09:41 AM.
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by Wallace
      anyone know what happened to that thread about how 2point6 lightened his car?
      i searched for it, and couldnt find it.
      he explained how he removed all that tar from under his carpets, and undercoating and stuff.
      and if i remember correctly, he got his car down to 2300 lbs with a full interior!
      now that's what i want....a lighter car with a full, usable, comfortable interior.

anyone have more suggestions for weight savings without making your car look like crap?
      that would be a very difficult task(2300lbs/full interior). i dont see that being possible on anything except maybe a DX trim w/out a/c from the get go. i can tell you first hand that the "tar" stuff on the floor only weighs about 15-18lbs total throughout the entire car.

big weight savers to start with would be seats, full a/c system(~84lbs total), p/s, sunroof, etc.....
      '91ex coupe, modified.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0JsF__KzA

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

I concur...Shedding weight isn't as easy as most people think...

I have stripped everything from the back seats back to the back of the car... every panel imaginable except for the door panels... taken out the PS, AC and alot of other useless crap and I was personally expecting my car to be a little lighter when I weighed it...

unless I go crazy kentucky style and start cutting things out and putting in lexan, I don't think I can realistically drop much more weight...

Maybe it was ludehrt and not 2point6 you were thinking of Wallace... he had a super stripped 4thGen with a mild H22 and he was running times very close to Scott's...
        Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 09-14-2004, 10:38 AM.
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

hey kentucky you drove the car in the pics on a daily basis???? if you did you are a beast! lets see some updated pics
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

AC is 84lbs? Wow! I still have mine in, but not hooked up. I'm still contemplating using it... My CB7 IS my "good" car, and I use it to drive long trips with my girlfriend as well as for racing fun Although, having no AC saves a LOT of gas in the summer. Not only am I not running that parasitic cooling device, but I usually don't drive cuz my girl would rather waste her own gas for the comfort of AC. Her Civic gets the same mileage with the AC on as my car does without it.

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
              hey kentucky you drove the car in the pics on a daily basis???? if you did you are a beast! lets see some updated pics
              i drove it on a daily basis with it "lookin" almost that bad. it still had factory glass windows in it instead of the lexan and it still had a trunk floor. other than those two things, i drove it a lot. i had the windows tinted with double layer 10 and the front tinted with single layer 20. the car looked bone stock on the outside and you couldnt even see in the windows to notice the gutted interior. the car was a major street racing sleeper as i even cruised around on my Mickey Thompson slicks!
              '91ex coupe, modified.

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

Cruising around on M/T ET drags is a bad idea I found out. Not only are mine illegal but it wears the fuck out of them driving on the street. It was worth it though

Comment

What car is that intake from?

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                    What car is that intake from?
                    i used 2 DC Sports DAC intakes(from an h22 and my f22) and just chopped them up and duct taped them together. pretty ghetto i know, but it does the trick and it saved me some money since i had both items laying around. its all about the budget racing!!

thats why i gutted that car like a fresh fish, its free horsepower!
                    '91ex coupe, modified.

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

interesting thread

ac gone, rebar gone, back seats gone, took a big shit b4 lapping and felt pretty good.

sounds pretty cool with the fuel pump whirring.
                      welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Originally posted by f22-dohc
                        interesting thread

ac gone, rebar gone, back seats gone, took a big shit b4 lapping and felt pretty good.

sounds pretty cool with the fuel pump whirring.

Comment

Just wanted to inform everyone that I'm going to weigh all this stuff I've taken out over halloween weekend. That will include the carpet, door panels, rear seat belts, front seat belts, and my nice new carbon fiber hood . I will also try to take the tar out of the inside of the car if I have time, and I might take out the window motor thingies.

As of now I wanted to add that my Mugen racing seat harnesses weigh 2 lbs a piece. Lots more to come in a couple weeks.

Comment

well im approaching further weight reduction within this following week. I cant wait to see weight distribution of my vehicle.
                            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Yeah, same here. Everything that I was supposed to get done after my last post will actually get done this week because I'll be home for Thanksgiving. Last time I ran into unexpected obligations so I wasn't able to do anything.

Comment

The ecu hold down plate is a good 6 pounds. The power antenna is a good 14 pounds. The seat belt ecu is 6 pounds. Thats -26 pounds of nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X