Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 swap question

I have looked and done some research but im going to be ordering a obd1 H22 for my cb coupe. The f22 has took a dumb on me after 240k on it. Can i just swap the motor and change the ecu and call it a day for now? I know about the powersteering bracket and HP line. Im just trying to get it running for the time bieng until my next paycheck. Thanks guys.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423

Swap FAQ

Comment

Not quite a simple drop in and go.

H22 swap list
      H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon View Post
        Not quite a simple drop in and go.

H22 swap list

Yeah i saw that information but i overlooked this part...

-1-5 wires, depending on make, model and technique, will need to be run from the ECU to the VTEC Solenoid, VTEC Oil Pressure Sensor, Knock Sensor and IAB solenoid (exc. EX w/A6) on the new motor

Is there a write up on how to do it and i have an ex. Not sure if its an a6 motor but if i do then none of that extra wiring is required?

thanks.

Comment

I'm not using the IABs and I only needed to run three wires for VTEC. Ground, vtec pressure switch, and solenoid.

Comment

I'm not using the IABs and I only needed to run three wires for VTEC. Ground, vtec pressure switch, and solenoid.
            Is there a how to on this? I have looked everywere and cant find anything.

Comment

I'm not sure but call or text me and I will tell you how to do it. 6784597513

Comment

I'm not sure but call or text me and I will tell you how to do it. 6784597513
                Thanks man! im at work i'll text you in a few. Going to be from a 281 area code.

Comment

To determine whether or not you have an F22A6 you go out and pop your hood, look at the identification stamp below the head on the block and near the transmission. Or, failing that method, if your car is a '90-'91 EX you don't have IABs, but if it's a '92-'93 you do have them.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    To determine whether or not you have an F22A6 you go out and pop your hood, look at the identification stamp below the head on the block and near the transmission. Or, failing that method, if your car is a '90-'91 EX you don't have IABs, but if it's a '92-'93 you do have them.
                    yeah i know how to find what engine it is i just cant remember lol. Im gonna do this swap at my shop but i just wanna ask questions cause i have had alot of hondas just never did a swap on one lol

Comment

You have my number and I text for free. Just give me a buzz anytime.

Comment

I bought my entire swap from a friend, when I picked up the parts he was still working on the car removing parts from it, he took off 5 wires from one of the plugs that go onto the ecu. These wires ran through the firewall and onto the vtec related sensors! Seemed simple! I'm gonna try to document that particular process when I do my swap

Comment

Working...
                        X