Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

best h-series header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best h-series header?

currently in the process of swapping my h23a vtec.but already know my old f22a1 header doesnt line up.looking for a good header,and would like personal input from others that are dummped(flush)

i know that:
    -bisi header doesnt line up good
    -tri-y header needs to notch the cross member to fit
    -vibrant havent heard anything
    -megan havent heard anything
    -havent heard much of others

"tri-y" isn't a brand. It's just another name for a 4-2-1 header. Most of the time, "tri-y" is referring to the piece of shit Kidd Racing header that is a blatant copy of the HyTech unit.

Megan and OBX are basically "ebay" companies. Generic crap. Worthless.
    Vibrant has a decent reputation for power, but the quality isn't great.
    Bisimoto fits well enough, but there are better choices for the H.
    SMSP if you can find one, or talk them into making one... very good.
    RMF, if you can find a used one. I don't believe they are still in production, seeing as Randy Monroe has passed away.
    DC Sport, if you can find one with a 2.5" collector.
    HyTech is very good.
    Mugen is quite possibly the best (and you'll pay a pretty penny for it.)

ESP also makes a pretty decent one, and I believe their price is quite low. It's not as good as the $1000+ pieces, but for about half the price, you'll get about 3/4 the performance. A good deal on a budget. They'd probably be my choice, as they have taken very good care of the members here.

Be aware that since you're in Cali, you'll have to get a header that is CARB exempt, or risk getting in trouble with police (and not passing a visual inspection... possibly not smog, either.)
    To my knowledge, only DC Sport and possibly OBX are CARB exempt. The rest will not be. The big power makers are all NOT "street legal".

Comment

Originally posted by cb7beater View Post
      currently in the process of swapping my h23a vtec.but already know my old f22a1 header doesnt line up.looking for a good header,and would like personal input from others that are dummped(flush)

i know that:
      -bisi header doesnt line up good
      -tri-y header needs to notch the cross member to fit
      -vibrant havent heard anything
      -megan havent heard anything
      -havent heard much of others
      Okay, let's start with the basics. What are you trying to achieve with the car? Performance? Style? What's your budget? Nevermind the "flush" shit. Start with the basics.

First and foremost, Bisimoto makes awesome performance proven shit but it's expensive. Tri-Y is a design and not a brand. I personally use a Hytech rep header on my swap and it does what it needs to. My only gripe is the collector likes to hang low so I scrape it on everything. That is my problem since my car sits 2.5" from the ground.
      H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

sorry i meant to say hytech brand.
        but i my just trying to get a decent powered car.not trying to be the fastest out there but dont want to be left in the dust or become the buddies camera man because im slow lol.

what about the private label mfg header?

Comment

Just go with a DC Sports header. Doesn't sound much like you know what you really want.

Comment

just to get my big picture to view.im trying to get a clean daily driven car.not trying to make it my show car.will be getting my project car around taxes and i have a truck i daily.so smog legal isnt too high on the list of worries.

Comment

just to get my big picture to view.im trying to get a clean daily driven car.not trying to make it my show car.will be getting my project car around taxes and i have a truck i daily.so smog legal isnt too high on the list of worries.
              Are you going to drive it on the street in California?

Comment

yea i driven it every day for the last 2 1/2 years.but driving my truck right now while doing my swap.but the accord is going to be my daily.cops havent be on me.i dont speed or drive like a dumb teen racing from light to light.

Comment

yea i driven it every day for the last 2 1/2 years.but driving my truck right now while doing my swap.but the accord is going to be my daily.cops havent be on me.i dont speed or drive like a dumb teen racing from light to light.
                  I can't lead you into any other way but to tell you to get a DC Sports header. Being that it's the only CARB legal header, that's your best bet.

But.....since it's your car and I don't care if you get a ticket or not, a Logic Motorsports header made more power than the Bisimoto header for half the price.

http://vimeo.com/30353942

Comment

There have been some complaints about Logic's customer service, however. Still, for the price, the performance seems to be worthwhile.

The 2.5" collector version of the DC Sports H22A header is probably your best option, though. All it takes is one cop to pop your hood, and you could be in for a world of hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon View Post
                      I can't lead you into any other way but to tell you to get a DC Sports header. Being that it's the only CARB legal header, that's your best bet.

But.....since it's your car and I don't care if you get a ticket or not, a Logic Motorsports header made more power than the Bisimoto header for half the price.

http://vimeo.com/30353942
                      My GReddy SS header is also CARB legal. I enlarged the collector on it from 2" to 2.5" and it made a noticeable difference throughout the entire range. Too bad they discontinued them.

But the good thing about the DC Sports header is it utilizes O-ring exhaust seals vs. a paper gasket, so it'll probably never leak on you. I had a DC sports F22 header and I never had any issues with it leaking at where the downpipe and header connected.
                      Last edited by Losiracer2; 09-09-2012, 10:19 PM.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. ill be looking for the dc header or private label.
                        Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Most of the time, "tri-y" is referring to the piece of shit Kidd Racing header that is a blatant copy of the HyTech unit.
                          When I dyno at CFT on the 30th we'll see about that.....
                          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

It will make power. It's a piece of shit because it's a stolen design. If I ever met the guy behind Kidd Racing, I'd like to break his knees. Guys like that are destroying our already limited aftermarket just to make a quick buck.

Comment

Fair enough. Gotta give him credit though, not too shabby of a copy......

If I see him this weekend(should be in town for a local car show) I'll be sure to tell him that if he ever sees anybody from "Joi-zee" in a Fit to run like hell.
                              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Working...
                              X