No announcement yet.

iphone 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate iphones. They're slow and really have nothing any other phone doesn't have. I want the galaxy S3.
    10th Anniversary Accord.
    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

im getting one, my contract is up at the end of the month ive had the evo 4g for 2years now so its time for the upgrade...
      MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

I just pre-ordered mine. It's my first Iphone evarrrrr. I was a Blackberry how for the last 4 years.

Any advice or tips for me besides buying a protection case?
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Clean the history bar at the bottom and it saves memory. Keep all your apps in folders. I have one for games,utilities and one for fun which has youtube, fandango, pandora. Keep the light down too and your battery will last long. Too bad you will have to buy the new expensive cables.
          10th Anniversary Accord.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            is it still made in china?
            What isn't these days?

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
            Clean the history bar at the bottom and it saves memory. Keep all your apps in folders. I have one for games,utilities and one for fun which has youtube, fandango, pandora. Keep the light down too and your battery will last long. Too bad you will have to buy the new expensive cables.
            Does the 5 use different cables than the previous ones? Because the cables for the older ones aren't expensive at all (well, maybe from Apple, but not elsewhere...)

My only real beef with the iPhone is that you need to use iTunes to load anything on it. I HATE iTunes!

Comment

I'm 2 months past my upgrade date, and I'm not getting one!
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I had the Iphone, the 3, and the 4. Seems like they didn't impress me as they came out with new ones. So I just went and got a new Galaxy S3, I will say that the apps on the iPhone seemed to run a lot smoother yet they wouldn't load as fast as the S3. The S3 is superlight weight and has a nice big screen. My biggest gripe about the S3 is the autocorrect, it's TERRIBLE, instead of autocorrect it has predictive texting. Meaning it tries to predict what you want to type. Needless to say it cannot read minds very well at all. iPhone's autocorrect is way ahead in the race. The battery life seems short on the S3 but then again I haven't stopped playing with it so that could be why.

Needless to say I haven't played with the iPhone 5 but it seems like they did minor changes and you can STILL only do what Apple will allow you to do.

The iPhones can't download videos to the phone off the internet or anything else without it going through iTunes. The S3 doesn't require approval, with that said, there's nothing like having a good "adult film" with you everywhere you go, haha. Now I just gotta find out how to hide it in another file.
                Last edited by BurtonRiderT6; 09-19-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I have a flip phone that I got for $0.01 on Amazon. I pay $20/mo for my phone plan. I won't be getting an iPhone 5.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I'll be getting one when my company phone upgrade comes around in November.

I have a droid and my wife has the iphone 4. Droid is faster, but iphone takes better pictures hands down. Maybe takes longer to load shit on apple, and itunes sucks, but aside from those type of grypes the iphone is 10x better. For one reason alone;

The damn thing doesnt have problems. My droid has needed reset, seems like I caught a virus or two, memory card shit the bed, battery life sucks, picture quality is inconsistent etc.

I've had the original droid, the droid x, incredible two and Im just not really all that happy with the reliable side of things with android.
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Not getting one.
                      Still using my 3GS. And the upgrade is not really worth it. The 5 has a better camera, better battery life (only with cell phone use, not music or videos), it's taller, does 1080p, and has a 64GB version. I'm sure there are some other small things, but i'm not impressed.
                      The annoyances, loss of youtube integrated app, new stupid power connector adapter, headphone jack moved to bottom, and the prices (eouch).

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        What isn't these days?

Does the 5 use different cables than the previous ones? Because the cables for the older ones aren't expensive at all (well, maybe from Apple, but not elsewhere...)

My only real beef with the iPhone is that you need to use iTunes to load anything on it. I HATE iTunes!
                        My photobucket app is not working(so slow) but yea. Big difference.

Old :
                        http://www.parts4ipods.com/WebRoot/S...0020_cable.jpg

New:
                        http://www.intego.com/mac-security-b...connectors.jpg

The little adapter is for the old wires and will be $30. A new adapter with a longer cable will be $40 in October. The cable with the small connector will be $20.

I also just read that it is currently faster than any phones out there so i might think about it.
                        10th Anniversary Accord.

Comment

I'll be getting one in December when I can get an upgrade, I currently have a 4 currently, theirs a few things I like about the 5, the headphone jack on the bottom, dual sided power/sync connector, finally being able to snap photos while recording video( I know other phone have it), bigger screen, and faster then my
                          Current phone, double the ram, plus I just like new stuff and hate the android OS, just to change the setting it's more complicated then iOS where it's all in one place

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                          1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread
                          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I have a free phone that i got with my Sprint contract and I can insert any amount of GB into it.

As for using a phone as a computer and/or web browser, I've tried it many times with an iPhone4 and it just doesn't work for me. I can do everything at least 10 times faster on my PC and I don't understand how one can edit photos or type html code on an iPhone. It just takes soo damn long that I would rather get on a PC and do it in a fraction of the time it would take me to do it on the smartphone.

As for the whole "better photo camera" deal - the iPhone4 camera is HORRIBLE when you look at the pictures on a regular computer screen.. and the iPhone5 camera cannot be that much better.. while all the effect are cool to play with, it is still horrible-horrible quality in the game of photography.

I can understand though that there are many benefits in a smartphone for somebody who travels a lot - like watching videos for example.

Comment

I love my S3. Does more than I need a phone to do.
                              H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

I used to be on the iPhone bandwagon, I had an iPhone 3, then upgraded to a 4, then I realized that the ONLY way an iPhone is even REMOTELY useful is if you jailbreak it. Then I got to looking into Android devices and realized you could do more with a stock Android phone than you can a jailbroke iPhone and I quickly abandoned ship. Haven't owned, nor will I ever own another i device. The S3 is a beast of a phone, I'm currently looking into getting a Samsung Note, yes, it's a big ass phone, but, that's what I want. And it does everything I want/need, so, that's what I'm going to get!

Comment

Working...
                                X