Using CB7 rear end to make a trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using CB7 rear end to make a trailer

I got to thinking today and this idea came up: using 2 rear ends of a CB to make a trailer with. It deff made since in my head to do such a thing (if it hasn't been done already) to make one. Just a thought really if I had the time and tools to do so I would get started on it.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

so a trailer with independent rear suspension? nice. might wear out tires when loaded though. cuz of the camber.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I would do it if I had the free time.
      H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

I've seen someone use the rear end of a Miata for a trailer; basically it was the trunk of one.

Comment

I've considered it. I've always wanted to find an OEM hitch (if one even exists) and OEM trailer lighting harness and thought this would pair well with it.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I think i read somewhere someone was doing this with a wagon. Basically, they were going to cut it right behind the front doors. Then weld a piece of flat sheet metal to fill in the void. So it would have the capability of like a camper or an enclosed trailer.
            Keep.us posted!!!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

That's actually brilliant. If you had a fold-down stand to stabilize the rear and a zip-up enclosure that closes in the cabin when the hatch is up it would be great for sleeping in on road trips.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

One of my neighbours is making a trailer out of a Caravan. He cut it off from the B pillar, made a wall and an A frame for the trailer hitch.

Looks stupid lol.

Comment

Theres a civic wagon that tows another civic wagon that was cut at the firewall and turned into a camper. Matching paint and wheels too!

Saw it on h-t.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    One of my neighbours is making a trailer out of a Caravan. He cut it off from the B pillar, made a wall and an A frame for the trailer hitch.

Looks stupid lol.
                    take a picture

Or put it in the wtf u did to ur ride thread.
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

There was a 1st or 2nd gen Civic in Super Street a few years ago that had the rear end of another similar model as a trailer. It was really well done, and looked great. I wish I could find pictures.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post

Looks stupid lol.
                      There's a garage in my work territory that has two Caravan front ends welded together... Twin-engine Caravan!

Comment

Like so?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          That's actually brilliant. If you had a fold-down stand to stabilize the rear and a zip-up enclosure that closes in the cabin when the hatch is up it would be great for sleeping in on road trips.

It would def be some research and trial and error but kinda cool. There maybe enough forward weight that a prop may not be needed in the back. Some matching paint and wheels would be a must. Maybe deev was talking about this below. But they used the front doors too.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Bad ass wagovan and 3/4's!

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                              Like so?
                              Not quite what I had in mind for the CB perhaps 2 CB rear ends together. But I think you all have an idea of what it is I would like to do!!!
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                              X