Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a working key?

And this is not for the keyless entry

This is for any wagon even the LX without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      Do you have a working key?

And this is not for the keyless entry

This is for any wagon even the LX without it.
      yeah mine works lol

yeah i know lol mine does it and same if you lock the hatch
      back at it again

Comment

I would like to clarify the lock bit just mentioned.

Only the driver's door and the rear hatch have both plunger and key operation of lock and unlock.

The passenger's side door will only unlock all doors when using the key. The plunger only effects the passenger's door.

Ask me how I know, being a proud owner of more than three wagons.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Ah well that is still different then a coupe/sedan

So does it take 2 unlocks of the driver key to unlock all doors? Or just turning it once unlocks them all?

Comment

Actually it isn't that simple. Lock the driver's door they all lock. Unlock it, just the driver's door unlocks. You can unlock all doors from the passenger's door key,but not lock. The rear hatch will both lock and unlock all doors from the key and plunger.
            Takes a while to get used to, but works great.

Comment

Ah well above you said it unlocks them all with the key. I read the owners manual and it says only the key + the passenger door or rear hatch will unlock them all. The driver door can't.

Comment

yup
                back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  Ah well above you said it unlocks them all with the key. I read the owners manual and it says only the key + the passenger door or rear hatch will unlock them all. The driver door can't.
                  And in the second post I explained exactly how they all function. The driver's side plunger works, but only for locking.
                  Maybe you should have read the owners manual before posting your new discovery.
                  I only posted to clarity, as I hate seeing the wrong information posted.

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                    And in the second post I explained exactly how they all function. The driver's side plunger works, but only for locking.
                    You do know what the purpose of this thread is? Its to share things different about the wagon. just because i search and find out what it does doesn't make it any less thread worthy

I posted up with what i read based off wiring diagrams, and now i understand fully how it works. ( the unlock wire from the driver door is actually for the keyless entry unlock, in theory it could unlock all the doors but it doesn't due to the programming of the lock computer )

So calm down

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                      LoL funny seeing tippy get corrected. usually hes going around correcting others

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293 View Post
                        the rear door are not interchangeable between sedans and wagons. the curve on the upper rear part of the doors are different.
                        Originally posted by blizzard335 View Post
                        Hence, the rear windows are not interchangeable
                        I can confirm that the sedan's rear windows DO in fact interchange with the wagon's. I just replaced a shattered passenger rear window on my '93 EX wagon with glass from a '92/'93 EX sedan. You may or may not need the matching regulator, I'm not sure. The alignment of my wagon's regulator could have just been off slightly, but I was having to force the window into position to line up both threaded holes at the bottom of the glass to where the bolts pass through the regulator. I didn't think about regulator alignment at the time and just swapped in the sedan regulator that I grabbed when I got the glass, and then it lined up without force.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

According to Majestic's site, the overall rear door frame is unique to the wagon, but the door skin is identical to the sedan; outer weatherstrip too. The rear regulators use the same part number as the sedan, but it calls out a unique part number for the glass.
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                            According to Majestic's site, the overall rear door frame is unique to the wagon, but the door skin is identical to the sedan; outer weatherstrip too. The rear regulators use the same part number as the sedan, but it calls out a unique part number for the glass.
                            That is very interesting ... there is (if I'm not mistaken) a different curvature on the inside on the wagons where the door closes,
                            as opposed to the sedans .. and I believe the glass is w i d e r?

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Well the battery in mine is dead dead on top of having an internal short, so we'll see if there are problems once that's sorted and the car's actually driving - I got the seller to not put the date on the title, so I'm not registering it until after the engine swap. But on a battery charger, it rolled up and down just fine, if a bit slowly.

The part numbers for the glass sounds like a worthwhile reason to spend a day at the junkyard, though. At some point when I cross a wagon there, I'll have to pull glass from both cars and compare them. If they're different after all, the sedan glass may be riding the wagon's window tracks wrong and stressing my motor, so it'd be worth swapping out again.
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-23-2020, 06:30 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I just found out that the European wagons have shorter inner tail lamps with an integrated rear fog on the passenger side inner tail lamp.

vs

American (my wagon for reference. That's my friend GraniteCB7 in his 1991 SE)

Henry R
                                Koni/Neuspeed
                                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                                X