Clear All

brand new header i assume.
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      it runs very rough, missing once a rotation at idle because cyl 3 is basically dead, nothing happens when i pull its plug wire. its got an internal tick that i cant locate and runs loud and weak at low RPMs, yet pulls harder than normal when its revved (?) gets 25 / 27 mpg. im not sure whats actually wrong with this motor, if its just a leaking headgasket or if a piston ring is bad, how else could i tell?
      Gosh, that sounds like my car.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
        Gosh, that sounds like my car.
        x3 sorta, i've really been wanting to do a compression check. im nervous that something is wrong

-sean
        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

wow glad to see the car is comin along. i updated my members thread lol cus i remember i deleted my webspace a while back... but it's back now. :-D.

Comment

OMG pm your alive? ROFL i thought you fell of the face of the earth!
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

back under the knife, hopefully for one last time!!

i strategically disconnected everything and i intend to pull the motor alone, and leave the tranny and everything else in the engine bay. i dont have the engine hoist here at home right now so i figured id pull the head while i was at it. in the FIRST picture you can see the wet front of the block from the apparent HG leak? i think the majority of it was oil leaking, not really coolant. dont mind the last pic, oil got spilled all over from the head.

the tbelt/etc, hoses and such are all still new, so im keeping all that. theres a couple things here and there that im going to replace, save my brother (future owner) headaches later on.

anyhoo heres how it looks now, ill pull the block later (i dont even need to disconnect the axles!).

Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-09-2014, 01:37 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i finally got a chance to finish putting this car together!

like i said above, i swapped the motor without removing any parts of the transmission or suspension. it went well, as i lowered i tweaked the engine angle until the dowel pins lined up, and it went right in easily.

i went through the new motor and cleaned it up and replaced a number of seals. i kept the original intake manifold from the car because i had already cleaned it out and redid all of the gaskets and cleaned out the sensors. also replaced a couple hoses and threw on a set of NGK blue plug wires.

i spent most of the evening straightening the front end and getting the a/c lines hooked up. i was never satisfied with the body gaps on the nose since i fixed the car after brians accident. the leading edge of the passenger fender was bent, and the driver headlight was pushed back, plus other quirks. it looked fine enough (it wasnt really noticable in pics even) but it still made it clear that the car had been in an accident. with enough tweaking, shimming and wedging i was able to line everything up almost perfectly! i used a careful mix of modified small clips and brackets from my big pile of random parts, and zipties :P the fenders, corners, headlights, grille, and bumper all line up with each other. the hood is slightly off but hardly noticable. im very pleased with the results.

the only thing that makes the front end still look out of place is the 92-93 corners that stick out forward. i have a set of clear 90-91's on the way, and they will line up perfectly.

also between both the shitty fitment of the ebay header and the radiator support & fans being pushed back a bit, there was no way for the a/c lines to fit. it took quite a bit of bending, flattening and finessing, but they are all hooked up finally. its such a tight fit that both the header and the line need to be removed together to get either one out.

anyway heres some pictures of everything.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-09-2014, 01:37 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

lookin good mike

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                  1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread
                  Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
                    lookin good mike
                    x2

RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

thanks mikes!!

i took it out on the road today. it runs great so far!

while the motor was sitting it got water in the cylinders and the walls got a little rusty... i sucked the water out and put a lot of PB Blaster in each cylinder and cranked it over by hand for a good long while. put more Blaster in then i ran the motor without spark plugs or fuel for a while. once i started it up, it idled a little rough and was blowing lots of white smoke that slowly turned to blue.... so i seafoamed it, drove it around for a while, and it seems to be doing well. ill be doing a compression test later today.

then gotta put the camber kit and new tie rods on, put the good wheels & tires on, then go get an alignment.

Current cars:

Comment

great work mike.....nice job on pulling just the motor.
                        My Members Ride Thread

Comment

seems like you always have a project mike. i gotta go down and hang out after my car's heart transplant is done. and do you think the a/c might not blow as cool as it should since it's right up against the header? probably won't be anything noticeable with the insulation.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                            seems like you always have a project mike. i gotta go down and hang out after my car's heart transplant is done. and do you think the a/c might not blow as cool as it should since it's right up against the header? probably won't be anything noticeable with the insulation.
                            yeah no kidding. while i enjoy working on them, i dont enjoy HAVING to work on them.

anyway now that this thing is done, that means 3 out of 4 of my CBs are back up and running. just gotta sell off the grey car and put together the other 4door and ill be set, and out of debt!

not sure how itll affect the a/c, but the line is super close on my coupe as well (not THIS close) and it blows moderately cold. cold enough to not care to change anything.

you should definitely come down, we can party hardy and get retardy.

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]

not sure how itll affect the a/c, but the line is super close on my coupe as well (not THIS close) and it blows moderately cold. cold enough to not care to change anything.
                              mike just do yourself a double favor and get a roll of header wrap and wrap your header and leave enough left over and wrap your AC line it will make em look good and it will also help functionality too <sp?

-sean
                              Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                              Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
                                mike just do yourself a double favor and get a roll of header wrap and wrap your header and leave enough left over and wrap your AC line it will make em look good and it will also help functionality too <sp?

-sean
                                not anyyyyy room for that lmao! at best i might be able to wedge a single layer of wrap between the header and line, but definitely couldnt manage to wrap it around...

not to mention i loathe header wrap for some reason. i just cannot stand that wrinkley belt-looking texture and the imperfect layering after being wrapped. thats why i peeled all the stock insulation off my coupe's lines

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X