• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boston Marathon bombing

Wow, that is all.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15...hon/?hpt=hp_t1

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

I just read about this on facebook, so very sad. Hope no one my BF knows was there and was injured (or killed). I hope anyone on here that lives up there is ok too!! My prayers go out to the victims and their families. I hope they catch the bastards that did this!!!
    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

It is a tragedy. My brother works about 1.5 blocks from there. He is fine and at home now.

It is a crazy situation.

http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl..._Copley_Square
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
        It is a tragedy. My brother works about 1.5 blocks from there. He is fine and at home now.

It is a crazy situation.

http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl..._Copley_Square
        I am glad that your brother is ok and at home now!!
        1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
        1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
        1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
        1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Very grave indeed. I got a feeling this is going to involve invading some other small middle eastern country...or North Korea.

EDIT - There's a rumor on Twitter circulating that the bombing was right where Newtown Massacre Families were gathered, anyone else hear that?
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Either that or this will be used as a scapegoat to go to war giving it a reason to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
              Either that or this will be used as a scapegoat to go to war giving it a reason to do so.
              Like 9/11. Its unfortunate that Americans get dragged in to this bullshit.
              I could go on and on, but Ill leave it at that. Hope anyone that has family or friends there is okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                Very grave indeed. I got a feeling this is going to involve invading some other small middle eastern country...or North Korea.

EDIT - There's a rumor on Twitter circulating that the bombing was right where Newtown Massacre Families were gathered, anyone else hear that?
                I did hear that. Here come the tinfoil hats...

I got a text from my friend saying that our friends Matt and Laura were ok. I had NO idea what she was talking about! Turns out Matt and Laura (who live minutes from Boston) were at the marathon, but near the starting line, not the finish line where the bombing occurred.
                Last I heard, 2 were dead, and I heard no count on the injured. I'm sure the numbers will go up...

It's definitely awful. I wonder if this was done by any group with a message, or if it was just a malicious act done by some psychotic individual simply because they could...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Here come the tinfoil hats...
                  you guys know I keep mine close by

I did hear about the situation on the radio though. most likely some crazy American nutso freaking cuz its the final tax day that's what I think anyway. if they wanted to kill more people they would've set off a bomb at the starting line where there's a ton of people all packed together.
                  Last edited by Quashish; 04-15-2013, 07:25 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Deerver raises a point; was it a act of organized group..from our country or another, or perhaps it was some loner who could?
                    The 2 dead sadly are the best way we can determine some of these questions. They most likely were the closest to the source and might have clues to the device used. Was it a gas leak from one of the buildings? Was it indeed a bomb? Just where were they when it exploded? Were the inside a store...near a storm drain with the device inside? Just what exploded? Too quick to "blame" this on a somebody or something till they answer all the questions. A war over this? Who is dumb enough to think this? 911 was major and we learned they danced in the streets overseas at our multitude of Americans dead. The Boston Marathon is a great event, yet it has runners from all over the world. As a terrorist is concerned, I don't think the race disruption would score a statement for them of world importance. Maybe just the fact that they can might be enough. If so...it's all due to hate..they hate with every breath they take.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Unless there were specific targets, I feel it was probably just some twisted amateur. Any terrorist group would likely have every intention of doing as much damage as possible, and enough experience to plan it to be far more effective.

Comment

Been watching this on the news all afternoon. Sad to hear that one of the victims was an 8 year old boy.
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

It was reported on NPR that the FBI and Homeland Security were investigating the likelihood of domestic terrorism.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

who else is stocking up on ammo? got my 1000 rounds today.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Won't do much against a bomb...

Comment

Working...
                              X