Am I seeing right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I seeing right?

I see turbo and carburetor all in one car? This is the first time I have ever seen this!

yes, it's possible and doable.

At the rotary shop I used to work at, one of the owners had an 85 RX7 GSL with a carbed turbo 13B. It was rediculous.

Comment

Wow. That is definitely a unique build right there. I thinks that is probably the only turbo, carbed honda in the world!

Comment

Pretty cool. Damn nice build they did on it. I like that car alot.

Comment

I can't wait to see there build videos! These guys have some pretty sweet cars and it's nice to see them build a Honda. They should build a daihatsu next

Comment

Every time someone posts an MCM video, I'm always entertained by them.

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
              This is the first time I have ever seen this!

I thinks that is probably the only turbo, carbed honda in the world
              Oh really?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Okay, maybe the second

Comment

Pretty common, typically use a blow through style carb for carb/turbo setup
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    Okay, maybe the second
                    ^^ those are 2 different cars (so that makes 3) and both happen to be CB's

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

im really diggin the soundtrack too
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Its pretty easy to do on JDM cars because alot of the lower models came carbed. All you do is find a carb that would work and the right dizzy and you are good to go. I am unsure about engine management though.

Comment

Well... older ones, anyway.
                          Still, I wouldn't (and I don't even know if it's possible to) try to boost on the stock carburetor. You could add a blow-through carb to just about any car, really.

The carb IS the engine management.

Comment

I wish I could figure out how to run a reliable carb on my CRX to get rid of the numerous engine management problems I am having with it. Honda carbs are a HUGE fail. And I know carbs came on alot of mid-90's and older cars in Japan. I always see carbed JDM D15's on ebay haha.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                              Oh really?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                              ^^ those are 2 different cars (so that makes 3) and both happen to be CB's
                              one is RHD and the other is LHD if i am seeing correctly

nice builds there
                              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X