Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SHould I Keep Cb after this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHould I Keep Cb after this?

timing belt went out the other day and didnt make a single sound...jus died on me....mechanic checked it said it was gone plus the head is damaged...anyway its gonna be around 900$ to fix should i keep it or jus get another car.....and dont say swap lol i cant really afford that funds are very low...but i want a h22 bad o well might as well jus buy another right?

nope hit the JY grab a head resurface it install urself save roughly $600 after t Belt & seals
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

save up for a h22 store the cb while you save and while you saving for the h22 replace stuff on the body that will make you wanna drive it even more...drop that bad boy in that cb and it be like losing one and bouncing bak with two!!!!!!

Comment

how much would a swap run.....i dont think i can do it myself

Comment

a complete swap isnt hard at all. it drops right in and you just bolt it right up. i think the hard part comes in when you have to do all the wiring...

Comment

wow glad u said something bout the wiring because i might would have tried to put a h22 in...i think i might jus go wit another car because my cb really hurt my feelings..... i havent even had it 6 months

Comment

it cost me $600 for another f22 installed, but that in NY

Links to my rides :
              1992 Accord EX*
              1990 Accord EX
              1991 Accord SE (4th)
              1991 Accord SE (3rd)
              1991 Accord SE (2ND)
              1991 Accord SE

Comment

read the stickies in the swaps forum and decide for yourself if its too hard. ronracer said wiring and you immediately assume its too hard for you. you dont even know what wiring is involved. its 4 wires. thats it. easy.

and how the hell did your car hurt your feelings? you failed to maintain it properly and the timing belt snapped and it hurt YOUR feelings? please. i bet that car had 150k on the original timing belt. if that belt was original based on age alone it shouldve been changed. that was on you buddy. not the car

Comment

i got my CB in may. It ran great for a while. i beat her up a little too much one day and hear what i was told was piston slap(which i later found out F22's do a little anyway) but i thought the motor was gonna die soon enough.

Sold all of those things i didn't need. Xbox, my car stereo, Ipod, Zunes, a set of rims i was holding onto for later(wish i still had those bad boys) and i eventually got the money after about two months.

Had the H22 put in. cost around $1500 including labor(which a lot of people can skip. I thought it would be harder) and it's running great. i have a couple of things i am working on with it. but nothing that will keep me off the road.

It's not hard. Just have to have the right mindset. I personally have been through almost 10 beater condition cars in less than 2 years. Kinda got tired of just getting something else.

But do what you feel is best. you could go the easy way and step into another investment in another car, or just fix what you have and be secure in knowing that YOU did it right.

im rolling on seven months now. and i can see it rolling onto ten years already. im NOT getting rid of this car. I guess it grew on me.

but look around and see what you want.

Comment

either way, if you fix what you've got, buy a new head, or swap in a whole new motor, it's still going to be cheaper than buying a whole new car. plus you can make it better than it is if you'd like. i'd vote you keep your cb.
                    96 mx-6, needs work...
                    91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

just fix it

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

keep it!

Comment

If all you need is motor parts I say fix it for sure! It's not like it's totalled and beyond repair, know what I mean homie?
                          Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

everybody is right you should get ready for a swap!
                            MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

just either get another head and freshen her up or do an entire swap. I was panicking like this also when my Headgasket blew a couple months ago, but i decided to fix it and now the F22 is running great. But along came an H22 that I found so I'm in the middle of doing that right now. Its having a couple issues, but will eventually be solved and figured out.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X