Am I seeing right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
    nissan used carbs till verrryy late... on the JDM models im sure as we had tons come into our shop. im not sure about the cars for the US market
    curious as to how late
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
      Yea it was non intercooled, which is the ultimate reason for its demise.

The design (draw through) means that you CANNOT use an intercooler.
      Imagine passing a fuel/air mix through an intercooler, then having a backfire.
      Also the cooling effect on the fuel causes it to condensate on the intercooler and pipes, essentially turning the charge pipes into a mini Fuel tank!!
      Yeah, that's no good!

Why can't you run an intercooler as you would on a fuel injected car? Turbo, intercooler, charge piping... THEN carb to introduce fuel...?

Hmmm... the Wangan Midnight car has a huge front mount... Now I want to know if it's actually carb'd (it's been forever since I watched it), or if it's an oversight on the part of the artists. Wangan Midnight and Initial D both focus quite heavily on being as realistic as possible when it comes to the cars, so it'd surprise me if they "built" a car that wasn't really possible to build.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Yeah, that's no good!

Why can't you run an intercooler as you would on a fuel injected car? Turbo, intercooler, charge piping... THEN carb to introduce fuel...?
        You can, (blow through design) but it opens up other problems, like you need to use a fuel pressure reg that raises the pressure only a few psi above the boost pressure (to prevent fuel being pushed back to the tank) yet low enough so that the fuel isn't forced past the needle seat.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Plenty or people still use carbs with turbos. I know of a local with a 350 V8 S10 putting down 433 whp, granted this is with a $900 CSU blow through carb.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
            curious as to how late
            up to around 97 i think in the nissan sunny. (those things are ridiculously shitty in build quality. i still hate nissan today due to these )

Comment

Working...
            X