No announcement yet.

This forum is too big for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOST of the older members know how to show respect. It's the 16 year old kids that have never had to work hard for a thing a day in their lives that think they can come on here and show us the same disrespect that they show their parents.

Really, if anyone hasn't figured it out yet, that's all I'm about. Respect. Show it to me, and you get it in return. Overall, this community is pretty good about showing it all around.
    Show disrespect to me directly, I'll put you in your place. Show disrespect to this community as a whole... and you won't be here very long. I can handle attacks on myself... but when you attack my community, my job here... my responsibility... is to keep this place going the way it SHOULD go.

Comment

i WAS 16 at one point deeve... lol... good times... good times...

edit: first time ive ever been considered "thug" lmao
      Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-23-2009, 11:03 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        Come for the cars. Stay for the people.
        There's an awesome "no-homo" way to get new members; put that on the main page. "We hug around these parts."

Originally posted by lxinks View Post
        well i know im one of those freshman.

also though im not going to post for help if i can find it under search. And the spider thing well i posted this because i figured i could give everyone some humor for the day. If that is wrong well i dont know what to tell you thats why its in the off topic. As far as the site i didnt know shit about my accord till one of my friends told me about it and i joined i dont post alot because i dont want to be bashed because i dont know something i will look first then ask. And all my upgrades have been from fellow cb7 owners that were willing to help a guy out and teach him something. I will continue and try to contribute if i can but if i cant contribute anything usefull i will continue to keep my mouth shut ive been on here over a year and dont have much of a post count but i log on everyday. And just to make things clear you think alot of these people are youngsters but majority are people who are guys or gals who have owned a domestic all their life and dont know shit like me 32 year old newb. my .02.

And i hope this site never goes away. I risk my job everyday just to look at our cars i love em
        Youre a freshman in sense of time, but youre quiet, intelligent and know better than to ask, "how do i change my oil?". You're like me, if i dont know the answer to a question that i feel i should know, i stay quiet and find the answer somewhere else. I dont wanna look stupid in from of the smart people, lol.

MOST of the older members know how to show respect. It's the 16 year old kids that have never had to work hard for a thing a day in their lives that think they can come on here and show us the same disrespect that they show their parents.

Really, if anyone hasn't figured it out yet, that's all I'm about. Respect. Show it to me, and you get it in return. Overall, this community is pretty good about showing it all around.
        Show disrespect to me directly, I'll put you in your place. Show disrespect to this community as a whole... and you won't be here very long. I can handle attacks on myself... but when you attack my community, my job here... my responsibility... is to keep this place going the way it SHOULD go.
        If you know me, and if not, lend me your ear, but i like finding the underdogs, so to speak. Im all about things/people you dont normally see. Now i know its stereotyping, but i like seeing stereotypes being broken. In the life i was brought up in, black guys listened to rap music and put bling-bling rims on their cars(just yesterday i saw a red CB with like 18 or 19" chrome wheels). The first time i met a black dude into heavy metal, it was awesome. The first time i met a black guy who was into tuning his car and not "blinging" it out, more awesome. As ive gotten older(24, lol) i see now why people hated me at the age of 14-17; i was a punk. Its not generational, EVERY generation is like that, and now im old enough to see the kids that age, and im like "wow....punks." Lol.
        But there are broken stereotypes; my good friend, Drew(C9BLX7). He's a cool kid with a smart head on his shoulders, and he does most, if not all, the work on his car himself. I respect that big time. He's got balls i didnt have at that age, and he's also stepping up and getting shit done. He's "Doing Work" as we like to say, lol. Its good to see that handful of younger kids NOT being punks and having respect for the rest of us. Its really only that which even keeps my interest. If not for that, i wouldnt give 'em a second glance.
        Ive been here over 3 years, ive learned a ton of information about my car, met some great people, met some not-so great people, but i still love it. Its a great place to learn and to be, but you have to learn the ways and be willing to learn the ways. I remember when i joined, people were talking like this then...about spoonfeeding the newbs. The newbs now will be complaining about the newbs in 4 or 5 years. Its like anything in life; you start in the dark, but as you age and learn, you grow, and as you do such, you laugh at the lack thereof, of the younger generations coming in behind you, but thats when you step in and say look, i was once in your same situation, this is how it is. Respectfully of course. The new guys should show the older guys respect almost off the bat, IMO. The younger guys will have to earn their respect.
        I know it gets hard seeing wave after wave of newbs wanting to be spoonfed, and its probably the reason alot of good guys have left, but that how it works; it weeds itself out. Those not willing to play by the rules, drop off. Those not willing to follow the rules, drop off. And those not willing to dispense the rules, drop off. Its a great system and it works itself out. For the most part, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

There are also quite a few AMAZING cars on this site, and not all OG members, either! We've had a number of newer members that have some seriously nice stuff. They come in with the masses of idiot immature ricer kids, so they often go overlooked... but they're here. When they start to show what they know, and show what they have, they get recognized.

The genuinely good people on here tend to make friends in their area as well. I have a number of people that I consider to be very close friends, even some of my best friends, that have come from this site.
          I agree. There are a lot of good cars on here. I think a lot of them are what a lot of the new kids are looking at in terms of inspiration for the new guys. But at the same time parts werent so easy to come by. I remember when everyone was buggin' manny for oem foglights and flushmounts. Now I see it on a lot of cars. I guess the hype for it all died down. And manny dipped.

Come for the cars. Stay for the people.

We need one big bro-hug.
          Haha. Couldn't of said it better.. no homo.

Yeah I love the community. Disputes are good too, its exactly how we advance.. i remember someone on here saying that if everyone is right, nobody would ever advance. Next thing you know, BAM! H22 head on F22A block. Whaaaaaat!?

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
          i WAS 16 at one point deeve... lol... good times... good times...

edit: first time ive ever been considered "thug" lmao
          LOL... I've never seen you but I remember calling you and asking for advice and you telling me you were 17.. I was like damn! This kids gifted. Maybe next time im in orlando hah.

With that said, I guess you could say the site is flooded with a lot of people who will come and go and the "locals" will always be here or check back in. But its good to see a few of you popping your heads back in.... no homo.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

idk I love this forum.... I came here from a mustangforum where you could post a question and the people who replied are people you have never heard of before. There were just so many members.

I know alot of people on here, alot I consider my close friends.

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord View Post
              Yeah I love the community. Disputes are good too, its exactly how we advance.. i remember someone on here saying that if everyone is right, nobody would ever advance. Next thing you know, BAM! H22 head on F22A block. Whaaaaaat!?
              I still think that's a stupid idea.

Comment

i like this forum I read through it every night. I really get along with the local guys. and my car has come a long way since I started, I am right there with these other guys who don't like to ask stupid questions. there is always another way to figure it out.

and I am tired of reading about all of these people who are afraid to try things. Its an 18 year old car just try it.

btw vtec does NOT "pop" with an f23, those threads crack me up
                Last edited by joekt; 05-23-2009, 04:15 PM.

my ride

Comment

I have own cb7s since the year 2000 the one I got now it's my second one. I always love them and felt a deep connection to the car mainly because it never, never let me down or stranded. I felt so thirsty for knowledge about something may I say that I love. That when I got myself a laptop and found this website (late 2007) I was over joyful. I couldn't shut up about it you could ask ANYBODY around me. It's like I found the Bible to my religion lol. Ever since then this websites has been to me like a best friend because anybody that helps me with my accord is a good friend even if they are obnoxious. I don't like to judge people base on their questions or the joined date. Because I was that guy that didn't have the priviledge of having a computer for most of his life nor knew how to search nor have the friends to learn from since they had everything honda but a cb7 , all I had was the passion. I Agree with all of the posts here in how it has change, it really has but still a great website and I still will be a member until I put antique plates on it. By then only true cb7 tuners will be left and even a tighter community will remain

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

Comment

I still think that's a stupid idea.
                    lol whats funny is i remember you saying that too.

But it did open up the whole idea to F23 hybrids.. and i loff F23's.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

i've been a member of this forum for a while. i've never been too in depth in my postings here, and when I sold my cb7 i pretty much moved from the car game. recently my interest has perked up, and while I'm not getting another cb7, the people who helped me along with my setup, and the people who drove to my house in palm bay for an overnight install, are still here. i'm glad I decided to come back to this place. good people are here.

Comment

I still have a brand new chip burner waiting for u..lol..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i know man, we need to catch up. soon enough, soon enough

Comment

I love logging into this site. It feels like home.

I get so excited every time Trevor puts up a new for sale thread...

And I like lurking in the beginner section to help out with those questions when I can.

It's so weird how often i spend my time here. More often than the R/C forum I'm a moderator on. I can't wait to put antique plates on my car, hehe.
                            MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord View Post
                              I feel like im in a big crowded room and I don't know who anyone is, and on occasion someone i know pops out from out of the crowd but its mainly huge JAMAICANS
                              homeless JAMAICAN, stomping this small tiny insect further into the ground.
                              really

Comment

...Using the highschool analogy... we're a bunch of close Juniors and Seniors, surrounded by annoying Freshmen. The Sophomores have a chance, if they haven't been forced to drop out already
                                Yeah, its high school all over again.

Due to that, I only log in every month or so to see if I have a PM.

Whippersnappers! Get offa my lawn!
                                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                                X