Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Heavy shaking under acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy shaking under acceleration

My cb7 was shaking like crazy, so I replaced the motor mounts and it has drastically stopped the shaking but it allowed me to realize that there was more too it. Im thinking it's a bad cv axle but I'm not quite sure.i can feel when giving it gas that there's resistance to t, like the wheels are wanting to come up off the ground with each rotation, and it's stealing power from me. When I put in the clutch the feeling stops, even if I'm just letting go of the gas or going down hill. But if I'm climbing up a hill the problem is the worse. And over the duration of driving it gets worse. Then sometime it won't be so bad until I drive it for a while! What some things it could be. And how may I find out for sure? The seal for the cv axle shaft looks like it may not be in place perfectly, but I couldn't say for sure

My bet would be axles.

My car shook pretty bad, put in new axles and problem fixed.

Comment

Good luck! It could definitely be the axles.

But, I had this same issue when my tie-rods were going out. Check everything before you replace parts blindly.

Comment

definitely axles. i had one so bad it would shake change out of the ashtray.
        COUPE K24

Comment

Stock engine and transmission?

Axles are a definite possibility. Shocks are another. Wheel balance is another, if it never goes away.

Comment

Like Deev said, I would look at the wheel balancing as well. If you swap a tire from the driver's side
            to the passenger's side do you still have the same effect? Unless maybe all the tires are unbalanced?
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

If it shakes under acceleration or climbing, but not on coasting. It is likely a cv joint. If it shakes more under load when turning one way than the other, that's also a good cv joint problem indicator.

If you jack it up (jack stands) get under the car and have someone rotate the wheels. You are likely to hear the cv joints clicking or clunking.

This is DIY-able work but it involves several steps that are likely to be significant challenges for a first timer (removing the axel nut, disassembling much of the suspension on one side, getting the new axle back into the transmission). When I did it I had taken the suspension apart many times already for various reasons and it still took hours. As long as you've got it apart it's a good time to replace the wheel bearing. If you're doing that one one side, might as well do the other. If your rotors are getting to end of life, they are a pain to replace but would be easier now. It adds up...
              ==========================
              1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
              1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
              Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
              Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
              M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
              Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Solved

the cv axle was bent to shit, and the downpipe would bang on the chassis.

Comment

I love when people edit their post after replies are made.....
                  Last edited by oni_cb7; 11-03-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Comment

I’m impressed by the details that you’ve on this web site
                      dragon ball super

Comment

Working...
                      X