fan switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fan switch?

Im experiencing above normal heating/ cooling conditions on my 92 accord.
    A buddy of mine did me a solid and dropped in an F22a1 w/ a6 head after i cracked my recently rebuilt f22a4 at the oil pressure switch but thats another story i dont wanna get into.

anywho, everything except for the new motor is what was originally on my car and my cooling system was fine. i took the liberty and replaced the thermostat and thermo switch right away because when i drove it home, it was smoking a little. maybe it was from spilled fluids but then my temp gauge started rising so i parked it. my fans weren't turning on until i turned off the car. then they would run for 10-15mins. so then i replaced the fan switch in the front of the head where the upper rad. hose connects. now my fans turn on but only after my gauge is approximately 3/4 of the way up and they shut off when i shut the car off.

Today i bought the two remaining temp sensors that are located on the head under the distributor. i will replace them tomorrow but I was wondering if there could be something else causing this.

Is your radiator full? Is your cooling system bled? Is your t-stat in the right way? I had this exact same problem when I had my leaking water pump.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
    X