Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Air intake comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air intake comparison

Hi so my accord seemed to be losing power a lot when the engine heated up then I heard some stuff about short ram intakes drawing hot air from inside the engine bay and that they don't actually give more hp. So I hooked my car back up with the stock intake system and my car seems to run smoother. I'm curious about what other people think about the short ram intakes good or bad and how they effect the way the car drives vs the stock system. Thanks for reading and heres a pic of my car.

Once you start moving, and get air circulating in the engine bay, the engine bay temp equalizes with the outside temp.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Makes sense never thought about it that way good point.
      Last edited by 92exrkid; 02-24-2014, 05:10 AM.

Comment

How old was your CAI filter? Have you tried washing it or replacing it? If you replace or clean the intake filter your power, or lack of throttle response, might come back.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Filter was basically brand new so I don think that was a problem

Comment

Some say that all intakes are the same, others say that they feel a noticeable difference between the stock air box and aftermarket pod filters. Still others debate over whether or not cold air intakes are better than short ram intakes. From what I've read through on here, a short ram or cold air intake may give you 1 - 3 Hp. This is hardly noticeable in our 20 year old cars making around 100hp stock. What you do notice is the increased throttle response, and the noise.

I have to ask, what brand of short ram intake did you purchase?
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

here it is. It was on my car when I bought it. I did change the filter though.

Comment

the length of the induction tract is actually tunable and theres a formula for length and diameter for the engines displacement and powerband peak... jsyk

also:

No increases. Stay stock. Use a "performance" dry filter or OEM. I trust honda's engineers.

Comment

Ya they probly made it like that for a reason. It seems like to me the stock system is a good design and those videos back that up. I prefer my car to be a bit quieter also and the throttle response is quite decent with stockso I'm ganna go with it. Thanks for the info!
                  Last edited by 92exrkid; 02-24-2014, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 92exrkid View Post
                    Ya they probly made it like that for a reason. It seems like to me the stock system is a good design and those videos back that up. I prefer my car to be a bit quieter also and the throttle response is quite decent with stockso I'm ganna go with it. Thanks for the info!
                    if anything for colder air induction, the hole where the resonator plugs into the filter box you can run a snorkel off that down into the bumper cavity or wherever you want. when I had my CRX i took out the airbox and used plastic bucket material, rtv and rivets to seal up the extra holes, then used a section of pipe similar to shop vac hose that ran to a hole I put in the bumper and used a plastic food bowl as the inlet. spray painted black it actually didnt look cheesy. It worked really well too.

The bowl i had laying around had two ears off the sides which made it perfect to rivet to the bumper after friction fitting it in.

Comment

I will agree the stock intake system and drop in filter is the best for a completely stock engine. That is what it is tuned for.

Didn't watch the videos. However I do know that as soon as you change the throttle body diameter, intake manifold volume, camshaft, valve diameter, cylinder head ports, exhaust manifold/header or the exhaust piping. You can throw out the stock air box as being tuned any longer.
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-25-2014, 12:06 AM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

That sounds like a pretty cool idea Erik might try that someday when it warms up thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                          I will agree the stock intake system and drop in filter is the best for a completely stock engine. That is what it is tuned for.

Didn't watch the videos. However I do know that as soon as you change the throttle body diameter, intake manifold volume, camshaft, valve diameter, cylinder head ports, exhaust manifold/header or the exhaust piping. You can throw out the stock air box as being tuned any longer.
                          I swapped in an h23 upper plenum to my A6 intake runners and tried fitting the stock intake on to the the h23 throttle body. Well even after I took the clamp off it still bearly fit and eventually tore now I have an aftermarket CAI. Total difference

Comment

Working...
                          X