Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22/a6 IM unique porting idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22/a6 IM unique porting idea

I'm interested in porting my hybrid intake manifold and I just want opinions on the way I plan to do this. I only say unique because I havent read anyone doing it this way though I'm sure it's been done. Sorry I don't have pics yet but I will soon.

I was going to cutout the ports on the bottom of the h22 plenum to increase plenum volume. Double stack the Iabs, keeping the butterfly's on the bottom and the gutted iab on top. The one on top I was going to port out the circular holes where the butterfly's used to be extending the plenum volume directly to the stock butter fly length in the runner keeping the high end when the iabs kick in around 4,000rpm. Shorter runners more high end am I right?

The other squared off holes will stay and be port matched to make the initial runners longer making my torque slightly better for low end. This is just an idea I came up with after intense research, to get the best of both worlds tq and hp gains. This would and be tuned on a chipped p06 ecu after I get my delta 272 regrind.

Btw it'll all be polished and port matched to perfection also including half the runners and the head to be port matched as well intake and exhaust.

I'm not sure if I understand what you are doing. How will your runners be variable length if you gut the bottom half? That will make your runners one length it doesn't matter if you keep the butterflies or not if you gut the bottom end... Other than it will allow for a larger volume of air into the gutted bottom half. The actual length of the runners between the throttle body and the back of the intake valves will still be the same length.

Most people who gut the bottom half delete the butterflies and gut the spacers as well. The gutted intakes are not the best intake option for a naturally aspirated engine. More for a boosted build.
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-10-2013, 01:36 AM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I want the larger volume of air for when the butterfly's kick open and the longer runners from the stacked iabs (squared off holes) for before the butterfly's kick in. f/I isn't in the cards yet but I understand what you're saying I might dyno the difference between the two to get actual numbers and see what's good.

Comment

OK I see what your saying now... I had to read it a couple times. You are leaving the bottom half of the intake manifold with all 8 runners.

I miss read your comment about gutting the bottom of the H22 plenum, I read it as you were going to be gutting the lower intake manifold.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Its been done already, an cali member has done it as well as a glorida member. only difference between yours and theirs,is that you want to keep the IAB and to be honest even ig you do with the porting it wont really help.

But do it if you want.
          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

[QUOTE=Superaccord93;3181552]So I got the plenum and extra iab off eBay today. Said h22a4 on the listing. Turns out the runners are h22a4 and the plenum is off an f22b. The guy had no idea what he had and there was only one pic. Typical eBay right. On the bright side the f22b plenum inlets larger than the h22s. But now the tb I have already port and polished doesn't line up with the bolts and the opening by the butterfly plate is way smaller than the opening on the f22b tb. This will prolong my experimenting with the different intake manifolds.

Comment

Working...
            X