Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a4 w/ dual stage intake manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deev, that is correct the 550cc injectors are good for just under 300 crank horsepower at factory fuel pressure. Sounds like its gonna be a fun build though! Good luck!!!

Comment

big thanks deev, that shopping list will definitely get used when i develop those funds. also thanks for the clarification on the pistons. Unfortunately i thought i did enough research before i bought the cast aluminum pistons. and you are right, they are light. i was gonna go with the bisi piston rod combo but i had and am still having major engine issues which required immediate action. at that time i couldnt afford those or the wiseco's so i kinda HAD to settle for the cast aluminum cheapo's. i tried reading some reviews and for the most part people stated they could handle turbo. that also pushed me to buy them but i did know forged internals were my best bet.

im sorry if you feel like you just wasted your time trying to explain to me all of this but it was very helpful. especially that shopping list, which again i will keep handy for when that time comes.

now, i suppose i have to change my goals a little bit for the meanwhile. i'm aparantly going N/A sohc. i already purchased and have had my cast aluminum piston kit, water pump and tck, gaskets, KING main and rod bearings,and head valves for the past 2 months.

i have a blown or burnt ringlands(I believe) in cylinder 3. i figured this because of my total loss of power after removing, cleaning, and replacing my intake manifold due to surging idle search. i read that faulty compression, and blown head gaskets can also cause searching idle.

i have a complete make over to do on my gal and she needs it asap, so essentially thats what i did. i bought some cheap(mostly cheap) replacement parts to get me by until i can start buying parts for a more serious build.

i now realize that my current setup will not get me what i want but it is necessary right now so i can get to and from werk. after this rebuild i will most likely pick up another f22a6 and build IT up.

thanks to you guys for all the info. i will be posting pics and starting an MRT soon.
      as ive told you(DEEV) before i really appreciate you and your moderators for the site and its up keep. i will keep contributing as much as i can and will be looking forward to see my car on that Accord of the Month bulletin.

Comment

It's never a waste of time if you actually learn something.

Lots of people will say cast pistons are fine for turbo. Lots of people will say original stock pistons are fine for turbo.
        Most of those people are basing that on the fact that they know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy that did it and hasn't blown up... yet.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          It's never a waste of time if you actually learn something.

Lots of people will say cast pistons are fine for turbo. Lots of people will say original stock pistons are fine for turbo.
          Most of those people are basing that on the fact that they know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy that did it and hasn't blown up... yet.
          thank God i decided to read all of this this time......

i was gonna say something but you're learning too Godamn fast
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I'm not saying anything I haven't known for the better part of a decade... ever since all my friends started blowing their turbo engines! I learned the importance of properly building a turbo engine back in 2005 when I was planning to do it myself, and picking Carlos's brain (Accord_SiR)... as he was swapped and boosted in the 90s, and he learned the hard way how easy it is to break stock pistons with even mild boost.

Comment

Would these be due to poor tuning, or pushing above 12psi perhaps I hear anything above 8psi is dangerous on stock pistons. I'm starting to hate these cast pistons but if I can't even get an $800 set of great quality pistons and h beam rods then wat makes me think I can afford a turbonetics turbocharger and AEM ems priced at $2000?!

And while we are on top of rebuilding what fluids do u recommend for breaking in engine?

Comment

Working...
              X