Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new radio not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    18 awg or the same gauge as the aftermarket stereo harness.
    Oh Ok Cool...

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
    Check to make sure that your wires arent grounding out on the metal mounts behind the radio, also make sure you grounded the radio. My issue when I installed my radio was that it was grounding out.
    all the wiring are good because I checked it on the day of the install but I will double check to see that they are not grounding out.

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
      thats what i figured, but i bolt it directly to frame and nothing happend. when i connected the ground the the ground wire on harness it worked. i still dont understand why but the radio sounds better than what did when it was in my previous car
      Not the dash frame, the car frame. The metal behind the dash is not a good ground becuase it is not meant to be one.

Comment

Hey guys does it make a difference by also saying that the clock on the dash keeps resetting to 1:00?

Comment

That points to a bad constant +12v source for the clock memory or a failing clock or just a bad harness. I assume it resets on every fresh start?

Comment

That points to a bad constant +12v source for the clock memory or a failing clock or just a bad harness. I assume it resets on every fresh start?
            Yes every time that I start it up to go to work or places it always resets it self.
            With the clock resetting to 1:00 does it affect the radio wiring causing the radio not to work?

Comment

They are both on a related harness, so possibly. You may consider running new 12v constants and grounds, or just re-inforcing them.

Comment

They are both on a related harness, so possibly. You may consider running new 12v constants and grounds, or just re-inforcing them.
                Well looks like I'm not gonna have to use a multimeter to solve the problem cause maybe you've just answered my question to why my radio was not turning on. But I'm gonna double check to make sure lol Thanks Wildbill

Comment

I have never unhooked a battery to install a radio. And never had any problems. Anythig from a 60's muscle car, to a brand new 9 mile old silverado i did today. In some cases where the harness has been hacked off, I got to leave it hooked up to find my wires. And I haven't used a soldering gun, in a while. The only time I use it, is if a connector will not fit in the space I need it to. Almost all oem wire junctions are crimped, so if its good enough for car makers, it good enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                    I have never unhooked a battery to install a radio. And never had any problems. Anythig from a 60's muscle car, to a brand new 9 mile old silverado i did today. In some cases where the harness has been hacked off, I got to leave it hooked up to find my wires. And I haven't used a soldering gun, in a while. The only time I use it, is if a connector will not fit in the space I need it to. Almost all oem wire junctions are crimped, so if its good enough for car makers, it good enough for me
                    @Soufkackicustom Ive installed a factory navigation unit in my 07 Tundra and the parts clerk and a Technician advised me to disconnect the battery before I installed the new radio in my truck or else I would fry out a wire or blow a fuse..

Comment

@Wildbill83 looks like I'm gonna have to take my Honda over to my friends friends shop to have my radio installed cause there's no current going through the wiring on the harness.

Quick question does it matter what year Honda S2000 antenna I get from the dealer? my antenna was snapped in half by some drunk person yesterday night.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGJCB7 View Post
                        @Soufkackicustom Ive installed a factory navigation unit in my 07 Tundra and the parts clerk and a Technician advised me to disconnect the battery before I installed the new radio in my truck or else I would fry out a wire or blow a fuse..
                        I just put aftermarket navigation in a 09 tundra today...left the battery on...no problems. Iam not saying its wrong to unhook the battery, it's probally a good idea, I just never have to install a radio. But just about any aftermarket part, in the instructions says to unhook the battery in case, even non electrical stuff that requires drilling.

I have also found that some cars they say will not run with out the factory radio is bs, and 07 Malibu comes to mind as it has the maintance minder in it. The aftermarket dash kit
                        Includes this. Well one went bad, and dude didn't have the money for a new interface, so I jumped it...2 years later....no problems....iam going to try a g6 next week. And I e got the dash/ac to work in a newer Avalon with jbl 12 speaker system....everyone said it couldn't be done.

I also take pride in the fact Iam one of the very few people who have put aftermarket headrest tv's into a rolls Royce.
                        Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 12-21-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X