Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92' CB7 EX D4 light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92' CB7 EX D4 light on

Its almost about a year now that I haven't driven my Honda to work I'm driving my Tundra to work now but every morning before I go to work I warm up my honda to get the fluids running around the lines instead of sitting and just going all bad let me get to the point.

My D4 Light is on its just a solid glow no codes no nothing flash on the dash I know I need a new TCU.. every time that I sit in my honda to warm it up the TCU starts to make clicking noises and the D4 goes away and does not flash a code it just comes back to a solid glow while still making a clicking noise I was wondering if anyone knew if my honda is trying to flash a code but isn't is there another way to find out what other codes its hiding beside the solid glow?

Thank you in advance......

I doubt it is trying to throw a code, it only does that when jumpered.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
      I doubt it is trying to throw a code, it only does that when jumpered.
      Even when I jump the service connector it does not throw out any code it stays solid and keeps clicking as if I were engaging the brake to shift out of park or any other gear I only get the ABS code (4-2 & 4-8) that's about it...

Comment

The logic circuit is blown, it is on the limp mode circuit with hard coded simple limp mode only. Replace the TCU, you know you need to already. eBay has cheap ones, use only reputable seller and tell them the numbers off your current TCU. Then you can pull codes with an intact logic circuit.

Comment

The logic circuit is blown, it is on the limp mode circuit with hard coded simple limp mode only. Replace the TCU, you know you need to already. eBay has cheap ones, use only reputable seller and tell them the numbers off your current TCU. Then you can pull codes with an intact logic circuit.
          Ah I see... Yea I'm bout to order a new TCU from my friend at a Honda dealer he works at on Thursday and imma hit up eBay to buy a refurbished one to see what goes on thanks man preciate the help...

Comment

New TCU from Honda will run around $350 and will fail due to the sub-par components they used to make them. The remanufactured units take more abuse without frying out and run from $70-$300.

Comment

New TCU from Honda will run around $350 and will fail due to the sub-par components they used to make them. The remanufactured units take more abuse without frying out and run from $70-$300.
              Yea I'm aware of the cost from the dealer but never knew that but hey it doesn't hurt to try lol... I'm currently looking around eBay and yea I've seen a few run around the price you said I'm gonna keep looking around for a dealer on eBay that sells it a good price and who has good reviews and what not.

Comment

ACE, Auto Computer Exchange.... most likely the biggest and most reputible seller for the TCU, their price is just over the unkown guys that yank them from junk yards but not astronomically expensive like the dealership. Buy from their eBay store for better prices than their website. eBay for ACE seller is around $120, from the website directly they are around $200.

I will vouch for them, have used their service on my CB7 and other vehicles.
                http://www.autocomputerexchange.com/
                Last edited by wildBill83; 10-16-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

ACE, Auto Computer Exchange.... most likely the biggest and most reputible seller for the TCU, their price is just over the unkown guys that yank them from junk yards but not astronomically expensive like the dealership. Buy from their eBay store for better prices than their website. eBay for them is around $120, from the website directly they are around $200.

I will vouch for them, have used their service on my CB7 and other vehicles.
                  http://www.autocomputerexchange.com/
                  Cool let me check them out

Comment

Have you jumped the blue service connector to check for the codes, or were you just looking for it to flash when you turned on the car?

Comment

@wildBill83
                      Dude this site http://www.autocomputerexchange.com/ seems legit man I think I'm gonna order one from here instead of ebay thanks for mentioning this site ..

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Have you jumped the blue service connector to check for the codes, or were you just looking for it to flash when you turned on the car?
                        I was trying to see if it would flash any more codes while jumping the service connector because of the clicking noise that it would make while I warmed up my Honda and the D4 light disappearing and reappearing as a solid glow but I only got my ABS light to flash codes and that's about it... oh and also was looking to see if the D4 light would flash any more codes with out the service connector jumped.

Comment

The TCU error codes will flash when the connector is jumped and the key is turned to the II position.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGJCB7 View Post
                            @wildBill83
                            Dude this site http://www.autocomputerexchange.com/ seems legit man I think I'm gonna order one from here instead of ebay thanks for mentioning this site ..
                            Personally I have used the local Houston store, as well as the eBay store they have. I prefer the eBay ACE store because the price is lower, you get eBay buyer protection, and you don't have to send them your old TCU. But both are the same company, the choice is yours.

Be sure and mail them your old TCU if you order directly from the website or they won't give you a warranty. They will send you a shipping label with your order, just repackage and send it back in the same box.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              The TCU error codes will flash when the connector is jumped and the key is turned to the II position.
                              I'm aware of that and I did jump the service connector to get codes from the D4 light but just got clicking noises and a solid glow and ABS codes that's about it

Comment

Working...
                              X