Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What is a automatic transaxle gear position do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a automatic transaxle gear position do?

So today I was at the Honda dealer getting my 92 Accord's air lines
    vacuumed so I can get R134 installed and so the technician came up to me
    telling me that I was going to need a new Transaxle gear position because I was told that it was a bit hard for him to shift out of park I kinda started noticing that a couple of times too but I didnt know it would be that. so I told the technician to order the part but he didnt explain to me what it does.

Can someone explain to me what it does and will it help me to shift out of park or any other gear smoother if I got this part changed out?

Thank You In Advanced

sounds like you need a new shift cable.

Comment

You think? cause sometimes it gets really smooth to shift out of park and to any other gear.

Comment

It could be the cable, it could be the shift mechanism itself... it could be something inside the transmission.

If you were at Honda, I'd trust what they say, and ask them to explain EXACTLY what you need, and why. Sometimes you get a tech that isn't that bright, sometimes you get one that's looking to make a quick buck, and sometimes you get one that knows what he's talking about but believes you don't know anything... so he will just give you a short explanation that says basically nothing!

Comment

yea some technicians are like that bunch of smart asses know it all grease monkeys with an attitude looking for a way to make a quick buck..... but im gonna make sure it is that part that needs to be replaced. so overall what does the gear selector do before I get the part installed and lose money?

Comment

I'm honestly not sure what part the "gear selector" is... it could be part of the shifter assembly, or it could be a part inside the transmission. If it's inside the transmission, it might be cheaper to find another transmission (though it will still be a risk...)

You could always look at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and see if you can find it. You'll see a diagram of the whole setup, and a price for the part... if anything is listed as "gear selector" (I'm not an auto guy... I've actually never driven or worked on an auto CB in my life!)

Comment

hahaha cool man I'm looking forward to owning an accord sedan with a manual transmission but its pretty hard to find one around here where I'm living because some end up at the junkyard and some are just being parted out with a non working engine and i dont have as much money to work on a car that really needs some major work... I used this site to look up the part "parts.sonshonda.com" ...... Thank you for your help really appreciate it. if you wanna look up the part I'm talking about the Part number is (35700-SM4-A92)
              Last edited by BIGJCB7; 05-09-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X