Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

B20A or F22B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B20A or F22B ?

Hello, nice to join CB7tuner...

I just bought CB7 or SM4 in asia..., but my previous owner already swap the engine...engine ID also swaped...he told me it was B20A ex accord vigor..., but if i look in the internet my engine cover is more look like F22B...honda logo are in the middle of the engine cover...., while B20A the logo is written on the left side...

Can you tell me what is the main different between B20A & F22B engine in looks? Because it looks quite the same to me...

Here the pics :

Sorry for the late reply, just having difficulties to upload the image.

So guys, what do you think? is it B20A or F22B ?

Thank you guys.
    Last edited by SM4_Putih; 09-23-2010, 01:45 AM. Reason: Add pics

It's the SM4 here too... for whatever reason, we choose to go by the chassis code that's in the VIN number (yours probably says JHMCB3 or something like that... the 7 belongs to North American cars.)

Anyway, the B20A comes from the 86-89 Vigor/Accord, and makes 160hp.
    If that is indeed the engine you have in there, it took a considerable amount of effort to get it in. Unlike the H and F series engines, that weird "B series" (I say it that way because it's not at all related to the Integra and Civic B series) does not bolt right in. That is quite possibly the strangest swap ever!
    It is, however, the MOST desirable direct swap for the 3rd generation Accord (86-89).

Comment

Wasn't the B20 the motor that the late 89-91 ludes had?

I'd like to see this.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Early 3rd gen Preludes had the B20, later ones had the B21. It's not the same as the Accord/Vigor one, though. Mechanically, yes... but it mounts differently (it's frustrating for 3rd gen guys in the US, because we never got the Accord/Vigor B20, and we can't use the ones we have here!)

Comment

Wow, that is a weird swap! I have the 86-89 Accord twin cam JDM B20A for my 86 Accord but I can't imagine it swapped into a CB. The motor tilts the wrong way (f22, h22, USDM 88-91 Prelude B20A all tilt towards firewall while these B20A's tilt forward) for one thing and wiring it totally different too. Also the 160HP JDM B20A has the Honda logo on the middle towards the front of the car on the valve cover so it sounds like you have that motor (the USDM Prelude B20A had the emblem in the corner). Here's what mine looks like on my engine stand mounted how it would be in the car.

Just curious but what year is your CB? Please post pics as I am very curious about this.

Comment

I didn't know you had a B20 3rd gen!

I wish those things were more common in the US... or even among JDM engine importers (they're hard even for them to find!) I'm dropping a brand new A20A into my 86 and selling it to my friend across the street, hopefully. Had the B20 been easily available, I might have held onto that project car!
            It's a nice motor. 160hp from a 2.0L back in the late 80s was pretty damn impressive.

It's not at all worth the trouble necessary to make it work in a 4th gen, though. I don't know why anyone would go through that hassle when the 200hp H22 is practically a direct bolt-in! I'm excited to see pics, though. Chances are, this is the ONLY B20A swapped 4th generation Accord in the world.

Comment

I would like to see pics of this CB myself that does sound a like weird swap...intresting to hear tho.

Where would I find this SM4 chasis code?
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Certain body panels, like the panels above the headlights, are stamped SM4.

It's actually universal throughout the 4th gen Accord line... SM4tuner.com WOULD have been a better name for this site. Unfortunately, Americans chose to use the chassis code located in the VIN number, which can get confusing (it pisses me off with the CD, since the US model coupe and sedan are CD7 and CD5 respectively!)

I'm not sure exactly what "SM4" is called... if it's a chassis code or what.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I'm not sure exactly what "SM4" is called... if it's a chassis code or what.
                  I always call it the parts number for the car, everytime you order an OEM part for the accord its always XXXXX-Sm4-XXX

Unless you order somthing for the engine, then its pt3

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I didn't know you had a B20 3rd gen!
                    I've actually had the b20 for roughly....8 years now but the only sad thing, it's been sitting on the same engine stand since I took that pic lol. I actually have the stock ecu for it and the super rare 5 speed tranny too!

Unfortunately, my 3rd gen project was put on hold when I got my 4th gen and then the Mustang. My 3rd gen shell was too rusty, didn't want to drop all the goodies into a dying shell but I never got around to finding another shell. I really should get that restarted.

Back in it's "glory" days with the stock a20 around 2001.

Comment

Oh yeah, I think I saw that in another post... So nice!

Comment

Hi guys..., thanks for the response...

Nice to hear that the engine has potential (160hp instead of standar F20A 135hp) if it is true B20A, eventhough it turn out to be the weirdest swap ever..:-)

I'll post the pics tomorrow...

Btw, i'm in indonesia...here 4th gen accord are identified as SM4...

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SM4_Putih View Post
                          Hi guys..., thanks for the response...

Nice to hear that the engine has potential (160hp instead of standar F20A 135hp) if it is true B20A, eventhough it turn out to be the weirdest swap ever..:-)

I'll post the pics tomorrow...

Btw, i'm in indonesia...here 4th gen accord are identified as SM4...

Thanks.
                          If your unsure of what engine it is the engine code is in plain view under the distributor.... even if the valve cover looks strange....

Comment

wow definitely looking forward to this..i wanna see pics!

Lou's Build Thread!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 1991accordh22a View Post
                              If your unsure of what engine it is the engine code is in plain view under the distributor.... even if the valve cover looks strange....
                              It says B20. He said that in the first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X