clutch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch problems

92 accord MT. Just recently my accord wont turnover unless I slam/kick the crap out of my clutch pedal. Once it starts up shifting is no problem. Clutch works fine while running. It just started happening 3weeks ago. The clutch pressure plate and flywheel were all changed a year ago when I did rebuild of my a4. Any ideas? Clutch Master and Slave cylinders changed as well and adjust properly..

im 100% positive your clutch safety switch is going out or is broken. its the switch attached to the back of the clutch pedal assy that is pushed in when the clutch pedal is pushed in
    visit vgruk

Comment

Not that I doubt u, but is it the switch thats not sending the signal that the clutch is disengaged? How come it'll start if I slam it hard enough? Ok ill try replacing switch first.

Comment

yes its that switch. the switch could be very well on its way out. the internals may just need a lot more coaxing to actually make a connection which is signs of a failing switch. its simple mechanics really. shit breaks when its 20+ years old
        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
          yes its that switch. the switch could be very well on its way out. the internals may just need a lot more coaxing to actually make a connection which is signs of a failing switch. its simple mechanics really. shit breaks when its 20+ years old

What does the switch do exactly?

I always thought it was for disengaging the CC when it was engaged.
          Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

I think the switch for the brake pedal disengages the cruise as well as turn on brake lights.

Ok ryan thanks again. Ill post if its a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post

What does the switch do exactly?

I always thought it was for disengaging the CC when it was engaged.
              there are 2 switches on the clutch pedal assy. one on the top and one on the bottom. the top switch is activated when the clutch is engaged and the pedal is all the way out. this is the switch for the CC

the bottom switch is to detect when the clutch is disengaged and is activated when the clutch pedal is pushed all the way in. this is the clutch safety switch that must be pressed in to start the car.

switch #20 and #19

switch #19 is the clutch safety switch and #20 is the CC switch
              visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by Guero112 View Post
                I think the switch for the brake pedal disengages the cruise as well as turn on brake lights.

Ok ryan thanks again. Ill post if its a fix.
                yes you are correct. hope thats what fixes it
                visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                  there are 2 switches on the clutch pedal assy. one on the top and one on the bottom. the top switch is activated when the clutch is engaged and the pedal is all the way out. this is the switch for the CC

the bottom switch is to detect when the clutch is disengaged and is activated when the clutch pedal is pushed all the way in. this is the clutch safety switch that must be pressed in to start the car.

Thanks for the info We don't got this feature here in Europe.
                  Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

The guy who did my automatic to manual swap didn't bother to put the clutch safety switch in. I found this out when I started the car by mistake with the clutch engaged. Car started right up and took off. Luckily there wasn't anything close by.

Comment

Working...
                    X