Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cruise control deletion ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise control deletion ?

I'm looking to replace my driver side engine mount. It looks like moving the p/s supply line and cruise control cable will be the best to gain accessibility. Since I'm looking into removing the cruise control permanently(due to it not working) I wanted to know if after I follow one of countless threads describing how to do this will I throw a CEL? How do I "cap-off"the vacuum hose from fender wall and IM?

I would look into fixing it instead of tossing it, but since you have decided to remove you can simply cut and plug the vac hose with a bolt, etc and remove the canister. It won't result in a CEL.

Comment

Just remove it and cap off the vacuum line at the plenum with a vacuum line cap you can buy at any auto parts store

The rest of it can simply be removed

Why not just fix it though? I'm willing to bet if your car is a manual that the clutch pedal stopper for the cruise control switch broke off, thus is thinks you have the clutch pushed in at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        Just remove it and cap off the vacuum line at the plenum with a vacuum line cap you can buy at any auto parts store

The rest of it can simply be removed

Why not just fix it though? I'm willing to bet if your car is a manual that the clutch pedal stopper for the cruise control switch broke off, thus is thinks you have the clutch pushed in at all times.
        Ok thanks, and yes it is a MT. 92 ex f22a4 to be exact. Why not remove it is my other question? Looks ugly, I don't use it, and its in the way most of the ttime when I'm routinely maintaining my vehicle lol.

Comment

How do you gain access to the clutch pedal stopper? Is there a thread for this? I have the same problem but I want to keep my CC for long trips to Vegas...

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
          Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

If you don't like it, and you don't want it, remove it. But it's true that there's really no point in removing something that could be functional. Especially since it'll make the car more attractive to a future buyer (not that many CB7s here end up in someone else's possession... they're usually scrapped after the 'enthusiasts' have their way with them.)

As for accessing the switch... get under your dash and look at the clutch pedal. You'll see it.

Comment

This may sound silly, but do your horns work? The cruise control and horns share a fuse, so if the horns dont work there could be an issue with the fuse (blown) or the power to it. For a while I had no cruise and the fuse was not blown but what I didnt realize was the fuse connector was bad. Since I rarely used my horns I didnt notice until one day I tried and they didnt work and tracing that problem out lead me to the connection between the 2 systems and the common culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by Guero112 View Post
                Ok thanks, and yes it is a MT. 92 ex f22a4 to be exact. Why not remove it is my other question? Looks ugly, I don't use it, and its in the way most of the ttime when I'm routinely maintaining my vehicle lol.

Why not remove it

Because maybe i want to take my car on a drive and lift my foot off of the accelerator and don't want to slow down, its a very handy feature. You will very quickly regret removing it if you ever take a road trip

Any in response to " it looks ugly "

How does the engine look pretty and the cruise control look ugly? They're all just random ass shapes of metal and plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1992 View Post
                  This may sound silly, but do your horns work? The cruise control and horns share a fuse, so if the horns dont work there could be an issue with the fuse (blown) or the power to it. For a while I had no cruise and the fuse was not blown but what I didnt realize was the fuse connector was bad. Since I rarely used my horns I didnt notice until one day I tried and they didnt work and tracing that problem out lead me to the connection between the 2 systems and the common culprit.
                  I did not know that they shared a fuse. I tried that and the horns work, but still no CC... Don't get me wrong, though. When the button is turned on, the light is lit (which means the switch works and fuse is good on that). I even got another CC servo (canister looking thing). But when I push the RESUME button to engage the CC and nothing...

By the way, deev, what exactly am I looking for on the clutch pedal? It looks like a hot mess under here...
                  Last edited by Accord1320; 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM.

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Does the light on the gauge cluster ever come on?

On the clutch pedal there are 2 switches

One is depressed when the clutch is pushed to the floor
                    The other is depressed when the clutch pedal is not pushed

I believe the one that gets disengaged when the clutch is pushed is the one for the cruise control, there would be a little rubber stopper exactly like the brake pedal light switch, that same little rubber piece of shit gets old and falls out, thus the switch is always disengaged and the cruise control will never set.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord1320 View Post
                      I did not know that they shared a fuse. I tried that and the horns work, but still no CC... Don't get me wrong, though. When the button is turned on, the light is lit (which means the switch works and fuse is good on that). I even got another CC servo (canister looking thing). But when I push the RESUME button to engage the CC and nothing...

By the way, deev, what exactly am I looking for on the clutch pedal? It looks like a hot mess under here...
                      You have to press the SET button to activate the cruise at first, RESUME is only working after you disengage the cruise and want to go back to your set speed.

Maybe the issue is you don't know how to use the cruise control. lol
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                        You have to press the SET button to activate the cruise at first, RESUME is only working after you disengage the cruise and want to go back to your set speed.

Maybe the issue is you don't know how to use the cruise control. lol
                        Wow...what a contribution to this thread. (I know how cruise control works anyway, guy...)

Tippey, you were right about the rubber stopper. It was gone. CC light turns on only on the switch but not on the gauge cluster. Headed back to the junkers to smuggle more meaningless parts from hundreds of CB7 again...
                        Last edited by Accord1320; 04-30-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Why Is it when I plug the vacuum line on the air intake manifold, the car sounds like its going to die out, and when I remove it it idles normal?

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Because someone adjusted the idle with it missing, the idle screw is probably too night.

Comment

Why not remove it

Because maybe i want to take my car on a drive and lift my foot off of the accelerator and don't want to slow down, its a very handy feature. You will very quickly regret removing it if you ever take a road trip

Any in response to " it looks ugly "

How does the engine look pretty and the cruise control look ugly? They're all just random ass shapes of metal and plastic.
                              this will be my dd so i decided to keep it for now. i have eventual plans for turbo so i hope it wont get in the way.. i know some kits allow for a/c and p/s to remain so ill keep fingers crossed.

you are also correct about the randomness of shapes but besides the hoses n wiring the metal parts are symmetrical and look really nice when painted or polished. throttle cable shooting across the block to connect to a rusted booster/ canister looking thing not so much, but regardless. i rather have reliability and power over looks..

big thanks for the tips on how to diagnose it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X