Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cleaned intake manifold now spudder and shake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaned intake manifold now spudder and shake.

I recently took apart my intake manifold and hand cleaned it inside and out. I replaced the tb gasket, and gaskets between upper plenum, actuator, and lower half of manifold. I tightened everything up and it started after a few attempts.

I now have a spudder like feel during idle and acceleration. Im reaching 3k rpm a lot faster but it feels like maybe its no expelling the exhaust fast enough. The car shakes or vibration is a lot harsher due to tighting of manifold bracket and me needing new drivet side engine mount.

Any ideas as to why I might have developed spudder? Was running great prior to cleaning.

Was it difficult to get your TB gasket on or did it slide on very easily? They're easy to put on upside down and it will cause a vacuum leak. There could also just be a vacuum leak at any of the other gaskets also. You will also need to check your IACV screens and clean them if necessary, adjust your FITV and possibly your throttle cable if you didn't reinstall it exactly as it was removed.

Truly, it would be best for you to just start checking and rechecking everything that was removed. Are you throwing any codes? If so, then the reason that you're posting in here instead of reading those codes is a mystery to me. Also, try resetting the ECU.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Although I will do wat u said again. Wen the weather clears, I can't help thinking replacing my exhaust will help. But then there is the obvious proof the problem started in intake and not exhaust which wasn't even touched.

Ugh and it was running purrrfect.. did a complete tune-up including valve adjustment. I was just tryna go above and beyond I guess.. thanks Jarrett
      Last edited by Guero112; 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM. Reason: tune up was done 2weeks prior to intake manifold

Comment

if you adjusted the valves it is possible for the valve lash to be off which could cause your exhaust valves to open an close at the wrong times

Comment

I adjusted valves prior to the cleaning. 2 weeks prior to exact. And it ran great up until mani cleaning. Are u implying that I should readjust them again now?

Comment

Were you getting a check engine light before the cleaning?
            "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

absolutely and it was my o2 sensor, which i haven't replaced because its stuck on there and i'm going to wait on whole new exhaust to replace it.

also i have news: i took it all apart again, replaced the flange nuts that fastens the manifold to the head. and tightened all 9 to 16 lbs./ft. same with the upper plenum and throttle body.

@Jarrett all the gaskets looked OK and i feel were put on correctly.

its running a little better. my vacuum hoses were routed all wrong so I fixed those.(prior to manifold re-tightening.)

i still have some spudder during acceleration, mostly in 1st and 2nd. when i reach higher gears it seems to run/flow smoother.

Any chance its a clogged Catalytic Converter and thus the o2 CEL? either way i'm replacing the whole exhaust ASAP. most likely an E-bay header-Muff tip combo kit..

Comment

sounds like to me OP that you O2 is the problem. i know when mine went out it would sputter on accel.
                visit vgruk

Comment

Swap out the o2 if you threw out a cel on it already. And you also might wanna reset the ecu so as to drop the cel code stored in the ecu. This also may help the car re-establish the cars idle baseline. If i'm not mistaken you did some work on the tb.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/18...-question.html

(check out post #3 as to why)

Just my 2 cents. Something to consider.
                  "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

i would replace my o2 now but its really rusted on there. i need to replace dented down-pipe, and catalytic converter as well so i just decided to save $200 and get an e-bay exhaust system for a short term replacement. i have and NTK o2 sensor now. brand new!!! i should have it all installed by mid may. ill be checking valve lash again tomorrow and hopefully next time i post it'll be to close this thang on out..

anywho here are some pics of the manifold disassembled and cleaned by hand.

i replaced the mounting/retainer bolts nuts that hold the manifold to the head with m8x1.25 flange nuts. they can be tightened w/ a 13mm metric socket, 10-12 point sockets are recommended.

//[/IMG]

//[/IMG]

Last edited by Guero112; 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM. Reason: adding pictures

Comment

Working...
                    X