Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will the wheel rub because of the 0 offset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the wheel rub because of the 0 offset?

So I was thinking of getting gunmetal 16x8 XXR-513's with an offset of 0 for my 92 CB7 EX sedan...
    But the thing is will the wheel start rubbing a bit? and what size tires would go good with the wheels?

Thank you in advance

Yes, it will rub, unless you run an extreme degree of negative camber. And that will destroy your tires very quickly.

Comment

Tire size depends on how low you want to go, if you want to stretch a tire, or if you want a meaty tire on there. What's your ride height going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Yes, it will rub, unless you run an extreme degree of negative camber. And that will destroy your tires very quickly.
        well I'm not going to camber out the wheels I'm just gonna keep it factory...
        So what would be the best offset to put on my CB7?
        Will 16x7 with an offset of 15 work?

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
          Tire size depends on how low you want to go, if you want to stretch a tire, or if you want a meaty tire on there. What's your ride height going to be?
          I was thinking of dropping it about 1"-1.5" from factory ride height...I'm not slamming it either don't want the hellaflush look I just want it to look simple just like the 5th gen accord you have nice and simple....

Comment

I'm no advocate of negative camber but if you are going with 0 offset and running no negative camber you are going to look like an asshole. Thats the whole point of the low offset on front wheel drive cars thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGJCB7 View Post
              I was thinking of dropping it about 1"-1.5" from factory ride height...I'm not slamming it either don't want the hellaflush look I just want it to look simple just like the 5th gen accord you have nice and simple....
              My wheels are 16x8 +15 I have a spacer in the rear putting them at +9. I'm lowered a lot more than the 1-1.5 you're going to look for... In my opinion if you're going to have wider wheels or lower offset wheels and not going to be low enough to tuck them in it will look goofy, but if that's what you want go for it. My tire size is a 205/40 which doesn't rub... but it's not reccomended for an 8 inch wide rim either. Hopefully someone else has some more information for you.

Comment

If you want it to fit properly, run an offset near stock. +38-+42.

Comment

My wheels are 16x8 +15 I have a spacer in the rear putting them at +9. I'm lowered a lot more than the 1-1.5 you're going to look for... In my opinion if you're going to have wider wheels or lower offset wheels and not going to be low enough to tuck them in it will look goofy, but if that's what you want go for it. My tire size is a 205/40 which doesn't rub... but it's not reccomended for an 8 inch wide rim either. Hopefully someone else has some more information for you.
                  If you want it to fit properly, run an offset near stock. +38-+42.
                  @N9netwoAccord Ohh I see where or what website did you get your wheels from?.. I can drop it more than the 1"-1.5"... whats the ride height on your 5th gen? what size spacers are you using?

@deevergote I guess I have no choice...but what if I use a 16x7 with an offset of 15 will that still rub cause I was looking around in the forum and found this thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175653 and the guy has 16x8 with an offset of 0 on his CB7 coupe and I don't see anything wrong but I do see that it has a bit of camber on the rear and the front

Comment

Do I need to repeat myself?

Comment

@N9netwoAccord Ohh I see where or what website did you get your wheels from?.. I can drop it more than the 1"-1.5"... whats the ride height on your 5th gen? what size spacers are you using?

@deevergote I guess I have no choice...but what if I use a 16x7 with an offset of 15 will that still rub cause I was looking around in the forum and found this thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175653 and the guy has 16x8 with an offset of 0 on his CB7 coupe and I don't see anything wrong but I do see that it has a bit of camber on the rear and the front
                      I got my wheels from a local vendor here. I have 6mm spacers. You should've been able to figure that out with the info I gave you before. I think you should read a little more on wheel width, offsets before you go with a lower offset wheel.

Comment

I got my wheels from a local vendor here. I have 6mm spacers. You should've been able to figure that out with the info I gave you before. I think you should read a little more on wheel width, offsets before you go with a lower offset wheel.
                        Oh that's cool... yea I think I'm gonna read around for more info.....

Do I need to repeat myself?
                        No sorry man I tend to get confused when I multi-task researching and looking around the forums for more answers....

Thank you guys I appreciate the help

Comment

I have 6mm spacers. You should've been able to figure that out with the info I gave you before.
                          Yeah seriously. 15 minus 9, can't be that hard.
                          Oh that's cool... yea I think I'm gonna read around for more info.....
                          Thats a good idea because no offense but it doesn't sound like you don't have enough knowledge on any of this to make a proper decision IMO. From what I gather, you've read around and seen offsets and rims sizes and you don't really understand what any of it means. You have to have some sense of what offset vs rims size vs tire size vs lowering suspension vs camber correction... All that comes into play and works with and/or against eachother for each individual application.

Comment

Working...
                          X