Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how to lock the 4ws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to lock the 4ws

i search every workshop if they know how to lock the 4ws... but no one know how to lock it. and the problem is.. where to get the special tools for locking the 4ws...

i'm thingking to change the 4ws to 2ws... which parts do i need to change the 4ws to 2ws (which accord model)

Take the 4WS fuse/Relay out

Links to my rides :
    1992 Accord EX*
    1990 Accord EX
    1991 Accord SE (4th)
    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
    1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by rafiq34 View Post
      i search every workshop if they know how to lock the 4ws... but no one know how to lock it. and the problem is.. where to get the special tools for locking the 4ws...

i'm thingking to change the 4ws to 2ws... which parts do i need to change the 4ws to 2ws (which accord model)
      What's wrong with 4WS? I'm personally envious of your car having it (sadly, 5th gens never were available with it). If the system is anything like the one on the older preludes, the steering rack is different from a 2WS car (has an extra output shaft to go to the rear steering. Otherwise, the rear suspension arms/knuckles from a non-4ws car (I believe 4th and 5th gen accords use the same rear suspension parts)
      Last edited by Phate; 07-17-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

its hard as hell to swap it, trust me. the whole rear suspension is different on the 4WS CBs. different lower control arms, upper control arms, ex. plus you have a very rare thing. why get rid of it?

also to lock it you have do this...

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
          Take the 4WS fuse/Relay out
          Its not electronic 4ws

Comment

Originally posted by rafiq34 View Post

You cannot disable it as it is mechanical (like what Tippey said). Bullet proof to last more than a hundred years so no fail safes and fail safe mode.

I personally think you should keep it. But if your hell bent on having 2ws and modifying your car so its lighter and want to go down the speed road (where every boy racer and his dog is on) then I suggest just selling this car and buying a 2ws instead of converting it.

Why? You will more likely get money out of the change over and give a person that appreciates the 4ws an opportunity to buy it.

If you dont get more $$ then at least it will have saved you the time, effort and other complications and $$$ buying parts for the swap. Plus at least the 2ws version you will get is factory fitted. Better than what you can do at home.
            Last edited by JDMDriver; 07-18-2010, 05:01 AM.
            Rides:

Accord
            92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
            95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
            91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by Phate View Post
              What's wrong with 4WS? I'm personally envious of your car having it (sadly, 5th gens never were available with it). If the system is anything like the one on the older preludes, the steering rack is different from a 2WS car (has an extra output shaft to go to the rear steering. Otherwise, the rear suspension arms/knuckles from a non-4ws car (I believe 4th and 5th gen accords use the same rear suspension parts)
              Some people just don't know a good thing till they move to one thats worse than what they had - applicable to more stuff than just cars (girls, relationships, jobs, homes etc)

Then again he's new (may also be young) and may not know whats rare or not, whats good and not. Well, experience is part of growing up and for some experiencing it first hand is the only way to find out.

I personally have 4ws and will not trade it for anything on the new car market. Eventually every new car gets old but 4ws (not fitted or even offered as option to 99% of new cars) will not - in my opinion.
              Last edited by JDMDriver; 07-18-2010, 05:00 AM.
              Rides:

Accord
              92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
              96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
              95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
              91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red