Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The 4WS System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
    whats atts?
    has the 4ws carried onto newer cars accord euro?

and to switch it off on a nissan you have to install a steel bar basically which locks the sytem. out.
    ie/ skyline/silivia
    supposedly if u have super hiccas you cant change the steering wheel or wheels... if u have the system.

that gets me wondering whether wheels have to be some specification if being chaned on the accord. consider steering angle and what not.

on jeremy clarksons top100 cars.
    he said the prelude was the most beautiful car.
    ATTS = Automatic Torque Transfer System

Similar to the Yaw control on Misubishi Lancer Evo.

This system is only on the driving wheels and the basis of the SH-AWD of the new Honda Legend or Acura RL (however in SH-AWD power shifts from front to rear also since its All Wheel Drive).

Chains im not sure. But stock rims i remember reading can take chains (with limited driving). Oversized rims logically speaking would be able to accept chains, provided the overall diameter (including tyres) is within stock specs.
    Rides:

Accord
    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

haha that was a typo changed not chains

supposedly with super hiccas your not supposed too change the rims/tire width.
      mite be the same with honda 4ws??

ohh yeah atts..
      the thing which makes 99% of 4wds suck. based on driving style...

isnt the legend system different to the others?
      adding power rather than taking it away

Comment

hmmm interesting
        Nerotenzo@aol.com

Facebook me

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Nerotenzo

Comment

haha that was a typo changed not chains

supposedly with super hiccas your not supposed too change the rims/tire width.
          mite be the same with honda 4ws??

ohh yeah atts..
          the thing which makes 99&#37; of 4wds suck. based on driving style...

isnt the legend system different to the others?
          adding power rather than taking it away
          Haha about the Chains = Changed

As far as i know there is no restrictions in changing the rims that affect the 4ws system (to a degree - not rediculously huge changes). I have not read anything in the manual. Obviously any modifications is not sanctioned by the manufacturer but since its mechanical no computer is to get confused.

Only thought is modifying it with a rim thats too heavy that it may cause extra wear on the systems mechanism or if dropped the wheel cannot move its maximum steering angles when required causing mechanical stress when parts hit.

I have 17's on mine with ride height unmodified and have never heard it hitting or felt the 4ws movement hindered. I only put 17's because someone knocked off my originals (but i prefer the original blades).

ATTS is also about adding power rather than decelerating the wheels to get traction.

Legend System uses the ATTS to my knowledge but its for both front and rear (since its all wheel drive). In addition the Legend system can switch power front to rear.

So the Legend can transfer power from front to back (and back to front) aswell as left to right (and right to left). An Active "Feeling" system. A cool system not commonly seen (or not yet even seen) and is widely mis undertood..... again.
          Last edited by JDMDriver; 02-25-2010, 09:08 PM.
          Rides:

Accord

CR-X
          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Nice, good pickup

Comment

0-15 mph: wheels turn opposite to fronts, aiding turning circle
              15-55 mph: does nothing
              55+ mph: wheels turn with fronts, for stable highway lane changing

is it speed related like nissans above. or always turning the opposite direction.
              im pretty sure it works at all speeds just clarification.
              i cant find the thread i read about no being allowed to change wheels.

Comment

0-15 mph: wheels turn opposite to fronts, aiding turning circle
                15-55 mph: does nothing
                55+ mph: wheels turn with fronts, for stable highway lane changing

is it speed related like nissans above. or always turning the opposite direction.
                im pretty sure it works at all speeds just clarification.
                i cant find the thread i read about no being allowed to change wheels.
                Honda Prelude and Accord 4ws has a high and low speed operation which is not directly speed dependent.

But steering angle related. In essence it still operates the same as the electronic version since in high speeds your steering is only slight (for lane changes) and wouldnt really involve locking your steering (not usually).

However it is possible in high speeds to operate the 4ws in maximum opposite directions - however this is not recommended due to ever increasing yaw rates and changing steering characteristics due to the 4ws intervention.
                Last edited by JDMDriver; 03-01-2010, 11:04 AM.
                Rides:

Accord

CR-X
                88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

I have the 4ws accord and a prelude Type S with the ATTS, the best will be to install an ATTS on a old accord like mine! the resultat should be interesting.

But i have always a problem with my suspension, i do not found a kit for my 4ws.

Comment

semi slick yoko's??
                    I like that your tuning handling first over power
                    Without driver the power is nothing.

Lot of people are surprised of the performance of my car, i run in same time compare to a small car with 200KG of difference, with around 150 hp.

They were impressed of the speed in the long turn in spite of my very old suspension.

Comment

This is one of japanese import model in malaysia.
                      my cb4 with 4WS ALB (F20A Dohc mix with F22B Sohc Vtec)

front wheel go to left and rear wheel go right....
                      Last edited by rafiq34; 04-07-2010, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Let me fish around here guys
                        I have the design specs to the 2WS and 4WS chassis
                        As I remember when I saw them the tunnel thats in all CB7's is unchanged in the 4WS, the exaust is modified.
                        The only difference I saw was in the rear crossmember, its not a bar like the 2WS versions, instead it is two seperate pieces that bolt on each side. With different mounting areas all together.
                        The steering box is in the middle.
                        The Ebrake assembly is slightly different aswell. (Atleast the equalizer and cables)

There was also refereces of "LHD 4WS"

Also in the same book, I saw the Carborated CB's utilized the BB4 Front engine mount, with the BB4 engine mount bracket.
                        This is ofcourse a different crossmember, however it looked like a direct bolt on. It just had bolt holes in it instead of the welded on dogbone assembly.
                        Your man for wiring solutions!
                        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

thatd be good too see i need a dual exhaust system. a while back i showed a guy the car and he said there was no room for it i didnt believe him though,

has anyone with 2ws looped their car?

Comment

DAM, i always used to skip this thread, and today i just clicked on it, thanks to those who posted pics.

i owned a a 3rd gen lude, no 4ws, i hope 1 day i own another prelude with 4ws.

ive been to preludepower.com meets, and seen a 4th gen with 4ws, i thought it was the sexiest thing ever.

i remember drivin home and was thinkin to myself, dam a cb has to come with 4ws, and look its true. i new it all along, and so happy 2 see.

**Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by rafiq34 View Post
                              This is one of japanese import model in malaysia.
                              my cb4 with 4WS ALB (F20A Dohc mix with F22B Sohc Vtec)

front wheel go to left and rear wheel go right....
                              Do you have an OEM security system. I spy with my little eye the infared key hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                                Do you have an OEM security system. I spy with my little eye the infared key hole.
                                It's a JDM thing

my CB1 has it too. IR key transmitter thingy. stopped working like 10 years ago LOL

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                                Honda Accord Euro-R
                                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                                Honda City I-DSi
                                Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                                X