Auto Trans MP1A (H22 or H23 or both)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Trans MP1A (H22 or H23 or both)

I have been searching down a good used H22 auto LSD trans as mine cracked long story...and the car just seens to sit giving me evil looks. I know that any of the F motor trans will work as will the h23 unit. I would like to keep the entire swap with H22 parts. My past trans was an MP1A which I was under the impression (through research was the LSD H22 auto trans). I found a replacement the other day but heres the story.
    Its got 80K from a totaled 96 prelude Si. The guy claims its a 2.3 VTEC... The car does have a vtec soleniod and VC and such. He seems to think the block says H23 tho. The trans is marked MP1A so more or less I wanted to know if the H23 does inface use the same number trans in some cases or if its different. I know in the end it will work either way but again I wanted to stick with all H22 components.
    Thanks!
    **My CB7 has been sold**

Im not sure about the code of an auto trans lsd h22a is...Easiest way is to check the block for yourself and see if it says h23a1 of h23a. But the h22a auto trans might have been used with the h23 vtec motor so you never know. BTW those H23 VTEC motors re really hard to come by.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Im not sure about the code of an auto trans lsd h22a is...Easiest way is to check the block for yourself and see if it says h23a1 of h23a. But the h22a auto trans might have been used with the h23 vtec motor so you never know. BTW those H23 VTEC motors re really hard to come by.
      I have a MP1A, its came from the automatic 4th gen Prelude VTECs JDM only, it was never used in any other cars.

Comment

Originally posted by xScott
        I have a MP1A, its came from the automatic 4th gen Prelude VTECs JDM only, it was never used in any other cars.

Gotcha didnt know that.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I just know that I need a new one and need it sooner then later. Im kinda getting excited about getting my accord back from the dead, its been down since November ugh...

So this MP1A unit is a H22 trans LSD, and will work. Hopefully I can get it for reasonable
          **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Ok its ordered... $175 + shipping which I dont think is bad for a 80-90k LSD H22 unit

Hope this one works out
            **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Got mine for 400 shipped loving it.

Comment

Yeah, they rock. TalontedTSi, that is damn cheap, you got a hella deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGen4dr View Post
                  Got mine for 400 shipped loving it.
                  I just got my mp1a for 225 shipped

Comment

Working...
                  X