Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C warm through middle vents

Good Morning,

I took my CB9 out last night, and I always knew something wasn't right about the A/C. It has R134a converted by Honda by the previous owner and I verified it is blowing cold but through one vent.

The driver side and middle vents blow warm, and the passenger side blows ice cold. I've never seen this issue with any of the CBs I've owned. I was curious before I go digging into my perfectly nice dash if anyone else has had this issue?

I did check the linkage below the passenger side and it's opening the cold air door all the way on the arm. I was thinking maybe there's a door for the middle driver side that's not closing all the way?
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

It sounds like one of your heater doors might be stuck open. Sounds like the rear one since the front door being stuck open should block the cool air access for the passenger vent. It might be that one of the metal rods on the bottom of the distribution box is detached or one of those plastic arms is busted. I think you should be able to see those parts from underneath the unit without having to remove the distribution box unnecessarily. It is a narrow space but with a flash light you can see it as you move the temp knob.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Unless your blend doors are acting up this is a sign of low refrigerant.

It affects any vehicle with r134 where the closest vent to the evaporator will cool yet the middle higher flowing vents are warm.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
        It sounds like one of your heater doors might be stuck open. Sounds like the rear one since the front door being stuck open should block the cool air access for the passenger vent. It might be that one of the metal rods on the bottom of the distribution box is detached or one of those plastic arms is busted. I think you should be able to see those parts from underneath the unit without having to remove the distribution box unnecessarily. It is a narrow space but with a flash light you can see it as you move the temp knob.
        I'll check underneath and look at the setup and see if I can find a rod you are talking about. I know for sure the cable to the cold/hot door is opening since it changes on the very right passenger side vent cold to hot.

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
        Unless your blend doors are acting up this is a sign of low refrigerant.

It affects any vehicle with r134 where the closest vent to the evaporator will cool yet the middle higher flowing vents are warm.
        I think it's what SSMAccord said. I checked my freon levels, it was 35 low 150 high. I was thinking the same thing, but it had been converted way back by the dealer and when I noticed the very right passenger vent was blowing ice cold that told me right there it was something with the ducts.
        For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Working...
        X