Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car acting like no gas on it.

Hi everyone...
    The problem right here is: When I stop The car, and press the gas pedal, The car seems like there's no gas on it even if it's full. This happens just when It's hot (at it's regular opertating temp I mean). The engine goes on blank and almost turn off. The car isn't doing this with the cold engine. What it could be this time? Help please! Thanks ...
    Last edited by El Prieto Fino; 03-21-2013, 03:29 AM.

Someone told me injectors, other one told me that there's two gasoline filters; one on the firewall, other under the car. I've never seen that one before. Other one told me it can be a sensor. I've tried a fuel treatment (gumout) on it, and noticed a bit of diference. But The problem remains. Sorry about My inglés.

Comment

What is the color of exhaust when your engine is struggling to run?
      Have you checked spark plugs to see how they are burning?

The engine may be running too rich or too lean,,,,

My guess is "too rich".
      A&P-IA

Comment

How old is your o2 sensor? When its acting up if you WOT does the hesitation go away? If it goes away when you WOT, then I would order a new o2 sensor and unplug the faulty one until the new one arrives.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Check our car for codes and whens the last time you had a tune-up. Check your sparkplugs to make sure your getting the right spark along with your timing. Your timing is 15 degrees plus or minus 2.

Check your fuel make sure you are getting the right fuel change your fuel filter it my be clogged and change your pump to a 255 wahlboro and you should be set. Injectors can do the same thing too you can spray it with some carb cleaner when you put the mini straw through it.

Comment

So, do you think that it's a tune up problem?

Ok. I'll start with The spark plugs, wires and ignition case. I'll clan The injectors too. If it doesn't work, I'll pass to The next step. My engine is a F22b1.

Comment

Surprized nobody mentioned the main relay. What the relay does id "tells" the fuel pump to go on or off or you would have a fuel pump running even when car is not. That's as close as to what I know it does. Inside is a green circuit board and the silver connections between small electronics. These "connections" of silver crack and the "message" is stopped. Even with you naked eye you will not see the hairline crack. So You can either take it apart and resolder each line and point or just get another for around $30 or cheaper.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=53888
              Last edited by SilverShadow; 03-21-2013, 09:21 PM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
              New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
              My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Ok, it's good to check The main relay too.

Question: Is there a sensor (except The o2) that would be the problem? Just in case, wich one?

Thanks.

Comment

I've noticed that the engine acts weird until the A/C is on. If I don't use the A/C running the car, the engine responds wonderful. I didn't do nothing since this thead starts. And I need the A/C here on P.R.

I think the IACV have something to do on this. Opinions welcome.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Go through the procedure to set a base idle, and then double check your timing with a timing light, and also adjust to factory settings.

Not many people are going to continue helping diagnose the problem if you do not even try or look into anyones recommendations to get the problem fixed.

Also if your struggling to translate to english, feel free to type in your native language also, as we do have a descent amount of bilingual members on here that might be able to understand you better.
                      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Ok. Thanks.

Comment

Do you have a check engine light? I also remember my wifes cd doing the same problem. I checked the dizzy and main relay to no avail. After further troubleshooting found out the ecu took a dump. I found and installed a replacement ecu at the my local junkyard for 45 bucks. It fired right up without any more problems. I just thought i'd give my input so you know it's a possibility it may be more than the normal culprits.
                          "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

Working...
                          X