Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Plastidip on trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shit costs twice as much as a can of paint. But then you're paying for the convenience of not having to prep your surface or buy primer.

Still, it's garbage, IMO.

Comment

If you use Spray Cans to do a whole car than of course it's gonna look like shit. To make it look good you need to get the sprayer and gallons of Dip.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        The shit costs twice as much as a can of paint. But then you're paying for the convenience of not having to prep your surface or buy primer.

Still, it's garbage, IMO.
        It still requires prep work. However, when applied correctly, it works fine. Plenty of videos on Youtube to prove that it can go on well, and can come off easily.

Sounds to me like you aren't taking the time to do the prep work, and are probably getting poor results because of it.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I dont really care. If I'm going to take the time to spray something like this garbage, I'll use real paint.

I don't see the point of "temporary paint." You're just wasting money if it's something you're spraying on to rip off later.

Comment

I dont really care. If I'm going to take the time to spray something like this garbage, I'll use real paint.

I don't see the point of "temporary paint." You're just wasting money if it's something you're spraying on to rip off later.
            Look at it this way. You dip your car Flat Black for around $350. It looks great, you drive it for a year and your happy. Let's say after a year your not feeling the Flat Black look anymore, Peel It off and redo it a different color. Easy as that.

Not lets say you spend $4500 on a decent Paint Job, you love it and swear its been your dream color. What happens when your not feeling that paint job anymore, you shell out another $4500 for a different color?
            Plastidip is by far cheaper than painting a car. But hey if you don't like it, it's your opinion.

Comment

I never own a car long enough to care about what colour it is or will be. I've fully repainted 2 vehicles so far, and sold both within months after painting them.
              Last edited by crazymikey; 11-14-2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fidelamaya26 View Post
                Look at it this way. You dip your car Flat Black for around $350. It looks great, you drive it for a year and your happy. Let's say after a year your not feeling the Flat Black look anymore, Peel It off and redo it a different color. Easy as that.

Not lets say you spend $4500 on a decent Paint Job, you love it and swear its been your dream color. What happens when your not feeling that paint job anymore, you shell out another $4500 for a different color?
                Plastidip is by far cheaper than painting a car. But hey if you don't like it, it's your opinion.
                4500 compared to 350?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

This is what happens you do it properly
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jayyT...e_gdata_player

That doesn't look bad at all.

Comment

I never own a car long enough to care about what colour it is or will be. I've fully repainted 2 vehicles so far, and sold both within months after painting them.
                    So basically, what you are saying is this:

"I never took the time to apply it properly, so it must be crap because if it isn't exactly the same as spray paint, then it must be crap."

Then, when you get called out on the product not really being shitty, but instead you using it improperly, you turn on the defense mechanisms of not giving a shit because you sell cars to fast, neither of which has anything to do with your improper use of the product?

Pretty much blows your defense out of the water.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I think plastidip is pretty dope I seen some 8th gen si wheels painted white on a cb wagon I thought it looked great just my 2 cents

Comment

If anyone needs plastidip message me on Facebook.com/weezoonline
                        I can get you all colors and kits. just let me know what you need and that your from CB7tuner and ill get you the best price i can shipped right to your door.

1966 Chevy Nova
                        1974 Super Beetle
                        2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
                        2004 Honda Element
                        2004 Honda Ruckus
                        2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
                        www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

When I wanted to paint the area around my license plate black, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it. So, I hit it with plastidip the first time around just to see if I liked the look of it. Once I decided I liked it, I peeled that junk off, hit the jy, pulled myself an extra, and properly painted it. Now I have my original color and black just in case I change my mind.

I personally would avoid use it for permanent application but its good for situations like mine IMO.
                          Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                          The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Working...
                          X