Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Double Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pulled out the intake, put the car on jackstands, turned on the light and checked everything out again.

I'm almost sure that the ATF leak is from the axle, it was soaked out all around and the drops on the floor came from there apparently.

The PSF is a mistery. Maybe it's from somewhere around this area:

Thanks

Comment

That is the VSS you have pictured there. I would check the hoses and the seals related to P/S as Granite CB7 stated. I always forget about that little doo-dad... Does your speedo jump around at all? While the car is running can you have someone turn the wheel from left to right to observe the leak? I think you are on the right track.

The left hose in the photo looks stressed out and bulged, I would start there personally.

Comment

The speedo is fine.

About the hose, I'll consider to fix it as soon as possible.

It's hard to reach all that stuff there on the VSS area (even visually) and I have to disasemble many things to see and be sure.

About the ATF leak, I don't understand that. The seal is brand new, the axle is brand new, maybe the tranny is bad inside.

But the fact that both leaks ends on the same place, is too much coincidence.

Comment

I've got a few bucks and a friend of mine is offering me all the parts for the swap. I wanna know what to check on the parts and how to check them. I don't know how much time has been unusued and don't know if it does matter or not, I'm asking too if it's better to fix the auto tranny than the swap (???)...

Just looking for the best choice and get advance of my limited budget and the best performance. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS ONE.
          Thanks...
          Last edited by El Prieto Fino; 10-18-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Prieto Fino View Post
            I've got a few bucks and a friend of mine is offering me all the parts for the swap. I wanna know what to check on the parts and how to check them. I don't know how much time has been unusued and don't know if it does matter or not, I'm asking too if it's better to fix the auto tranny than the swap (???)...

Just looking for the best choice and get advance of my limited budget and the best performance. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS ONE.
            Thanks...
            it all depends on whether you know alot about transmissions or not. If you know how and what it takes to rebuild one and have the money for it by all means rebuild it. But if you dont your best bet is just swapping the transmission 9 times out of 10 swapping the transmission is the best way to go. For best performance swapping will be budget friendly for sure...

Comment

How do I know the used 5spd and parts are good? The equipment will be buyed from another person, not a shop that guarrantee it. Any tip to make sure that at least the tranny works fine?
              Last edited by El Prieto Fino; 10-19-2012, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Put it in gear and turn the input shaft, do this to each gear and feel how the output shaft spins. good luck.

Also the fact that both leaks end up in the same place is just because of the rules of gravity. Liquids flow to the lowest point. That lowest point happens to be the bottom of the transmission. Obviously one leak is far above the other due to the collection of grime/fluids.

Comment

Working...
                X