Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

If you have a beloved daily use car, that you put a lot of money, effort and time on it, and you have to fix something serious once again (a bad transmission, for example), like every month, what would you do? continue spending on it or sell it to buy another car? (heart vs. conscience).

let me see

3 engines

2 transmissions

and that is only my Accord

let me not start on my other cars
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

umm a new transmission every month?

Comment

I would question why I chose such a shitty car, sell it and buy something different/better.

Did that in the case of my MK2 Jetta. Traded my CB for it, every possible thing went wrong with the Jetta in a 2 month period, so I got rid of it, and have had 3 Accords since.

Comment

A tranny a month is a bit insane. However, if it was smaller stuff, every other month or so ie balljoint, sway bar endlinks, then maybe that seems a little more reasonable to keep your daily reliable and comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
            umm a new transmission every month?
            C'mon! You know that's impossible, hehe, maybe I wrote and explain it bad, a little confuse. I mean a repair every month or less, whatever, but this time the car claims a big one, like a bad tranny for example.... What you would do?

Sorry about my english... Again.

Comment

Originally posted by El Prieto Fino View Post
              C'mon! You know that's impossible, hehe, maybe I wrote and explain it bad, a little confuse. I mean a repair every month or less, whatever, but this time the car claims a big one, like a bad tranny for example.... What you would do?

Ohhh, well if it's simple things every other time probably would keep it. With older cars (I'm assuming you're talking about a cb7?) it's kind of something you have to accept, but really it's just up to you. Do you like your cb7 (or whatever car you are talking about) enough to put up with its quirks? If not maybe get something newer.

But with a 20 year old car you have to expect your tranny or some other thing will go out eventually.

also your english isn't bad at all

Comment

if love love that car put in the time and money and fix it up i that's what i would do

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  I would question why I chose such a shitty car, sell it and buy something different/better.

Did that in the case of my MK2 Jetta. Traded my CB for it, every possible thing went wrong with the Jetta in a 2 month period, so I got rid of it, and have had 3 Accords since.
                  I know every used car have issues, but are you saying you regret about the jetta just in 2 months? wow, jetta or volkswagen= bad idea.

Any pros with the Jetta? I don't know, less mpg, more hp or something like that?

I think my cb are spending too much gas. I did the tune up, I've used cleaning treatments, I did everything except to change the o2 sensor.

Comment

Lets just say the Jetta was the worst car I have ever owned. They drive nice, but they always break (mechanical and electrical), parts are expensive to repair them, VW uses many special fasteners to put them together, so you almost need to buy a whole new tool kit just to work on your VW.

Mine was particularly bad, mostly due to previous modifications and repairs not done properly.

I had all sorts of issues with the car, and I spent more time fixing it than I did driving it. At one point, I couldn't figure out what was wrong, that I went out and bought a crappy, but running 1989 Mazda 323 for $300, just so I had something to drive while I could fix the VW.

None of my Hondas have ever put me in that situation. I have also learned not to buy a vehicle that is modified by someone else, unless it has been professionally done by a reputable shop or tuner.

Comment

I know every used car have issues, but are you saying you regret about the jetta just in 2 months? wow, jetta or volkswagen= bad idea.

Any pros with the Jetta? I don't know, less mpg, more hp or something like that?

I think my cb are spending too much gas. I did the tune up, I've used cleaning treatments, I did everything except to change the o2 sensor.
                      have you cleaned your injectors you put poor a bottle in where you put the gas
                      before you put in gas and that should clean them, should solve your gas problem

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
                        Ohhh, well if it's simple things every other time probably would keep it. With older cars (I'm assuming you're talking about a cb7?) it's kind of something you have to accept, but really it's just up to you. Do you like your cb7 (or whatever car you are talking about) enough to put up with its quirks? If not maybe get something newer.

But with a 20 year old car you have to expect your tranny or some other thing will go out eventually.

also your english isn't bad at all
                        Yes, I asked because my beloved CB. I repaired the tranny already (a year ago) and never it gets at its 100% fine. New solenoids, the TCU is ok, no codes, and it still with the bad shifting. Now, It's wasting all the TF again badly by the gasket. In 3 or 4 days it gets empty. Thanks God it's not fried yet. Right now, she is ready for pull out that tranny tomorrow and get fixed or dumped.

Last month was a axle, a month before was the alternator... I don't know what's worse, my old car or divorce, Lol

Comment

When my transmission was starting to fail, I did an H22 swap (with a matching transmission.) Problem solved.

Comment

Repair bills or payments, pick your poison, any used car is going to need work, some less then others, Hondas are usually pretty good about reliability hence why we have a forum devoted to a 20 yr old car lol

Your either gonna pay to fix something used, or make payments so the manufacturer can fix it ie warantee lol

Click it.... You know you wanna
                            Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Follow your heart..(too cheesy?)

But seriously, if you really have love for the CB, then keep it. I'd rather be happy driving MY car with all its personality and quirks rather than drive something that bores me half to death.

And if the trans really is the issue, do a 5-speed swap and fore-go all the inherent autotragic gremlins we all hear about.

I've had the same 5spd since highschool and it's held up to some pretty serious beatings over the past 8yrs.

Best of luck with your CB!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                              X