Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MT bracket trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MT bracket trim

Ok I know these 5sp swap threads are everywhere. What I'm wondering is what bracket do I order for my trim model. I have a 91 lx but the tranny came out of a 93 ex. So my question Is do I order the bracket for lx or ex or is there even a difference. Thanks

Edit- I choose this route other than the ESP mount due to my wallet size

There is no difference. The only difference in the transmission mount bracket is between auto and manual.

You will need to weld the bracket in, so unless you're capable of welding, or you have someone that can do it for you, the cost of the bracket, labor, and manual mount could very possibly be as expensive as the ESP mount. ESP doesn't really like to sell just the transmission mount, as they prefer to sell the entire mount set together (the performance is just that much better with all mounts)... but I believe they WILL sell it separately if you ask for it.

Comment

Yea they have it listed individually. I have the mount just not the bracket. My uncle is going to weld it on so cost would just be the bracket itself. I found it on majestic for $20. Thanks for the info on the trim, I'll just get my trim model (lx) thanks again

Comment

Yeah, when in doubt, stick to your own year and model if there are different options.
        Many people just cut them off of junkyard cars... but if it's only $20 from Majestic, then that's worth it. If you already have the mount and can get it welded for free, then it's obviously the best route. Just be sure your uncle lines it up properly. If it's not welded in the right location, you could end up breaking axles like crazy.

Comment

Yea I figure it'll be pretty inexpensive if I take this route. Are there marks for where the MT bracket goes or do a measure a certain way? I believe I read there's an 1 1/2in difference but which way? Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure, as I've never done it... but I think cp[mike] wrote a DIY about it quite some time ago. That might be able to tell you for sure if you can find it. Chances are it's buried in one of the Swaps sticky threads.

Comment

cool, once again I'll enter the search engine of knowledge lol. Thanks deeves

Comment

Ok so I couldn't find anything on the placement to weld in the 5sp bracket. Surly I don't weld it where the auto went (what would the point be in that). Any help is appreciated.

Comment

There was only one person i knew that actually welded in the MT bracket and his name was Plee3. You're in luck because i remembered that and found his ride thread since he measured out everything and was nice enough to include pictures.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138589

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                    There was only one person i knew that actually welded in the MT bracket and his name was Plee3. You're in luck because i remembered that and found his ride thread since he measured out everything and was nice enough to include pictures.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138589
                    Awesome man, thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X