Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Power Window Motor Hotwire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Window Motor Hotwire

Hi, my first post here. First off thank you all!! I've been reading these forums for a few years and you guys are really informational.

On to my problem,

I'm looking for a way to independently operate my drivers door power window..

currently i'm on a 92 dx sedan with all manual windows, i decided to blow a brake line getting off the highway because i felt like smashing my car into a yield sign. luckily the only damage (except a dented 17" wheel) was to my drivers door, so i go back out to the junk yard and their were no 4-door manual window donors out there so wanting a window again i grabbed a power door and left. have it all on my car now, i just can't figure out how to hotwire my window.

right off the window motor is 4 wires... blk, blu, red-yellow, red-blue. i'm in my haynes book looking at the wiring diagram it shows the 2 red wires go to the switch one up one down, blu goes to window ctrl unit, blk obviously off to a ground some where.

using a working 12v source i thought ground the ground and then just power one of the 2 red wires and boom i'm operating my window but of course that doesn't work.... Any ideas on how i can just make this window move???

Just swap the manual window crank piece in place of the power window motor if its still good

Comment

my old door is destroyed, that is a great idea i could try another yard but in the mean time i want my window cracked open..

Comment

Ah, i thought maybe only the regulator was belt/damage and maybe the manual motor survived

Did you try ebay or craigslist?

Comment

Not yet, I 'ma cut the old door apart and see if I can get that manual crank part out.

Comment

Working...
          X