Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What are you opinions on DUAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you opinions on DUAL?

I was just wondering if dual is a good brand to get. I saw a nice deck at walmart but not sure if it is a good buy or not. I included a picture and the description of it. It's a Dual 200-Watt AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver With Bluetooth.

* Plays HD/AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA/CD-R and CD-RW
    * 50W x 4 max power output
    * Built-in HD radio tuner and iPod control via USB with iTunes tagging
    * Built-in HD radio tuner; CD-R/CD-RW compatible; MP3/WMA encoded playback
    * Electronic detachable face; black/white dot matrix LCD; front panel Aux-In and USB inputs
    * Electronic volume, bass, treble, fader and programmable turn-on volume
    * 5 selectable EQ curves - pop/jazz/classic/beat/rock/clock/mute and
    loudness
    * 1-DIN chassis

Any kind of opinions are accepted.

It's a cheap brand...depends what you're looking to get out of it.

I mean, will it probably do everything it says, sure but it's not going to do anything great, if you know what I mean.

If you're not a hardcore audiophile, it'll probably be acceptable.

Comment

Don't do it. There flip screens are ok, but the one your lookin at is junk. I bought that several months ago and it died within a day. Returned it and got another and it died 2 days later. Well the deck itself didn't die but the face mechanizms jammed up and quit.

I took the second one back and got the typical Sony and am very happy.

GOT F?

Comment

he's right it's junk they go out in several months . my brother brought the flip out tv it fell apart the face part of it fell off , he got another one and three months later the screen went.

Comment

Originally posted by EXR-ALB View Post
          Don't do it. There flip screens are ok, but the one your lookin at is junk. I bought that several months ago and it died within a day. Returned it and got another and it died 2 days later. Well the deck itself didn't die but the face mechanizms jammed up and quit.

a thing about sony i noticed is that they tend to spit cd's back out when the deck gets a lil old...good radios except for that...

Comment

Originally posted by EXR-ALB View Post

I see. I was debating about getting it but not really sure so that is why i asked the question. Well, I guess i be heading towards alpine then.

Comment

Originally posted by wagonkid View Post
              he's right it's junk they go out in several months . my brother brought the flip out tv it fell apart the face part of it fell off , he got another one and three months later the screen went.
              thanks about the info on them.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                It's a cheap brand...depends what you're looking to get out of it.

I mean, will it probably do everything it says, sure but it's not going to do anything great, if you know what I mean.

If you're not a hardcore audiophile, it'll probably be acceptable.

Yeah, its a cheap brand so might not be getting it now.

Comment

So now dual is not on the list anymore.
                  My brother told me that alpine is a great brand to get.
                  But what about kenwood? Heard a lot about them.
                  Do they make great products or are they kind of like dual?

Comment

Dual brand is a piece of shit that Walmart would sell.

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua View Post
                      Dual brand is a piece of shit that Walmart would sell.
                      LOL.
                      Seems to me everyone is saying the same thing.

Comment

Bro, why Dual?
                        I would rather get some cheap Pioneer.
                        Remember you get what you paid for.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

i got my kenwood BT742U for 169.99 and LOVE IT! does everything I need it to and more.. you get what you pay for. I was tempted to go with Alpine, but have always had alpine in my cars, so I opted for something different and would rank it up there with alpine.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                            Bro, why Dual?
                            I would rather get some cheap Pioneer.
                            Remember you get what you paid for.
                            Hey don't be dissin pioneer

Dual sux lol... Get a nice $89 Pioneer but from what I can tell your looking for a deck with blutooth so save some cash to get a higer deck

Links to my rides :
                            1992 Accord EX*
                            1990 Accord EX
                            1991 Accord SE (4th)
                            1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                            1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                            1991 Accord SE

Comment

I own an alpine unit. it's several yrs old and the only thing it will not do is play different format cd's. I'm curious. has anyone contacted dual about there problems? or ya'll just taking them back? peace
                              "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Working...
                              X