Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How does a CB handle without p/s???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does a CB handle without p/s???

I want as much engine bay room as possible so it will look good after my build gets done. So I was wondering if its alot harder to handle the car without it or if its just a mild difference?
    Help me out guys...I know quite a few of you don't run with p/s a/c and c/c...

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

It's the same as any car:
    As your speed progresses, the easier it is to turn the steering wheel.

If you're not use to it, you're going to have a lot of "fun" at very slow speeds. I.e. pulling in/out of a parking spot.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

to me it really isnt that bad, took a little getting used to but now its nothin to me.

i actually prefer the no ps to my daily that has it

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
        i actually prefer the no ps to my daily that has it
        Thats what I was looking for...lol thanks guys

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
        White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

i thought some accords come with no ps , i would swap out the rack n pinion.
          CB-K for the win !!!!

Comment

i put my powersteering back on after driving for a couple months without it.

took it back off the same day. wont ever put it back.

once the car is in motion it takes just a little more effort than normal and the car feels more stable and predictable at speed or thru a tight corner.

turning the wheel at a dead stop takes a bit of muscle. but thats as tough as it gets.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by c7abeaccord View Post
              i thought some accords come with no ps , i would swap out the rack n pinion.
              quite certain all cb's came with PS.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post

once the car is in motion it takes just a little more effort than normal and the car feels more stable and predictable at speed or thru a tight corner.
                thats how i feel aswell, the feeling is just more solid to me i think.

you actually feel the road vs. fluid

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

my sister just got a '08 cobalt & it's manual. i havn't priced the rack or measured anything yet but I want to swap one in. I will try to pull some measurements in a few weeks.
                  Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                    thats how i feel aswell, the feeling is just more solid to me i think.

you actually feel the road vs. fluid
                    exactly.

it doesnt actually improve the stability or performance (maybe .5hp from removing the belt) of the car.
                    it improves the connection that the driver has with the car and the road.
                    and that in turn improves driver confidence exponentially.

this is a huge part of why i have a problem with "drive by wire" cars.
                    i need a throttle cable and a direct link between my hands and the road.

Comment

Originally posted by lost_accord View Post
                      my sister just got a '08 cobalt & it's manual. i havn't priced the rack or measured anything yet but I want to swap one in. I will try to pull some measurements in a few weeks.
                      ummm. why???

just loop your cb rack and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by lost_accord View Post
                        Are you sure ?? My neighbor has a Cobalt and it has ELECTRIC power steering.

Comment

Bleh.... be prepared for a lot of bump steer

Personally I think it's overrated, the whole no PS thing. But I live in a city where I have to parallel park literally every day. So I dunno

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
                            Are you sure ?? My neighbor has a Cobalt and it has ELECTRIC power steering.
                            thats what i was thinkin. pretty sure its electronic

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Removing it makes your CB handle like a ferrari.
                              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X