Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    I finally got around to watching that. That gun is definitely overkill
    We could use one on the front wheels and get an instant 1400ft/lb of torque instantaneously Hahahahahaha think of that acceleration.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
      The model below is 2767, which is the one Cyborg got and it's rated at 1400ft/lb of torque
      https://youtu.be/RSRU7QGDnsI
      unholy hell , I mind figure out a way to rig a pair of them to drive the rear wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
        We could use one on the front wheels and get an instant 1400ft/lb of torque instantaneously Hahahahahaha think of that acceleration.
        I see I'm not only one with ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
          unholy hell , I mind figure out a way to rig a pair of them to drive the rear wheels.
          If you gonna dream you gotta dream big, why stop at rear wheels when you can go all out and make it the AWD that we are all waiting for; imagine 1400ft/lb times 4= a friggin all out dragster!

Comment

Just went and got the complimentary 3/8 model to the 1/2 inch impact i got.

IMG_20180418_061457 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

Comment

Been frustrated by the CRV recently, and ended up buying something to replace it: a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited, turbo manual wagon. It is super comfortable, powerful, and still has plenty of room. I would have liked it to be a Honda but I really wanted something AWD.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                Been frustrated by the CRV recently, and ended up buying something to replace it: a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited, turbo manual wagon. It is super comfortable, powerful, and still has plenty of room. I would have liked it to be a Honda but I really wanted something AWD.

Beautiful! German Castrol Syntec 0w-30 and a KillerB oil pickup!

Then downpipe and tune.

Comment

I was about to ask where that photo was taken so I could check the place out myself, but you've got Maine plates and the other ones in the background don't look local. Very nice choice, though, I've always had an eye on those myself.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

New wheels and tires for the truck. Pardon the filthy truck. It's been a long and depressing winter, so my ability to clean has been limited.

IMG_2218[4548] by Mike M, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post

Nice! how much did you pick it up for?

Comment

Had a couple parts powder coated to see how well they'd turn out. You can never find a clean condenser fan frame or hood latch.

DSC02084 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr

DSC02083 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

^ How long was your wait? I just took some parts in, and after the first two shops turned out to be closed, the third had a month wait. Just wondering if thats anywhere close to typical backup.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

It only took about 2 weeks. $25 for the hood latch. I think the fan frame was about that. He strips the rust (he can do entire car bodies), then coats them. I'd try powder coating at home, but the derusting is tough. I used to have a vat of phosphoric acid, but it seemed to really pit the metal when trying to do really rusty parts.

The latch was sort of an experiment, since you can't disassemble it, I was worried that the chemical cleaning, then maybe the powder coating would get into the clearances of the moving parts and make them sticky. Everything seems to move pretty freely. If anyone wants one, I have a couple more latches I could have done. Custom colors available!
                            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-21-2018, 01:27 PM.
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Weak, my shop couldn't do custom colors. Claimed it would have been $5-600 to make a specific paint code like I wanted. Had to settle for 'close enough.' Maybe a redo is in their future if I can find a better shop.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

A specific paint code might be an issue, but he has 30 or more colors on display, so I suppose it is "close enough". Instead of "custom", maybe I should have said a "range" of colors is available.

I've been trying to get him to a do a valve cover, but he's concerned about getting all the cleaning solution out of the baffled area on the inside. I've had trouble finding anything that will take what's left of the factory wrinkle coating off.
                                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-21-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X