No announcement yet.

Revisiting the V6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine hasn't died, but I've just been without a garage for a while. Negotiations on the new house are taking forever so I'm in a state of limbo. In the meantime, I'm still assembling parts and modifying things that need attention.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Seems like if you had to do that much fabrication anyway, it would be easier to just custom make everything to mount the engine and turn it 90* sideways, find a long tranny to bolt it to, rework the rear and middle as well and make it all RWD.

Otherwise, I think I would do a boosted K20Z3 or similar and call it a day.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Mine hasn't died, but I've just been without a garage for a while. Negotiations on the new house are taking forever so I'm in a state of limbo. In the meantime, I'm still assembling parts and modifying things that need attention.
        I know you're on that cb7accords page on FB so I'm sure you've seen a couple of those swaps already.

If I could get my friend Mario on here he could lay it all out. When I asked him about the swap, he told me that he basically used the EH/EG Hasport V6 mounts and modded them to fit. I'll try and get some more information when I can the next time I see him, from what I also remember he basically bought a whole parts car and swapped the harness over as well.

There's another guy who owns a sedan that has the J30 in his.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

coming from a cls6 owner, it seems easier to mod the cb stuff than try to retro fit a huge subframe. ive always said if that car got totaled, the s/c swap would be going into my cb7 and the k coming out.
          COUPE K24

Comment

I'm not really stuck on the fitment. I just haven't had the time to do it all. Once I'm moved into the new place with a garage, it's go time. The engine that I'll start out with is already built, aside from the timing belt being on and the shiny valve covers being installed.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

^^^ also some of your pics arent working above Jarrett.
              COUPE K24

Comment

Yeah, they're Alex Mendez's pictures from Accordlinglydone, and that doesn't look like it's a working site anymore. I'm not sure where to grab them except for asking Alex.

Comment

I'm not even sure which ones those were. Give me a little while to figure it out. I'll try to get them fixed.

Comment

buy this from my friend in NY and take the 3.5 and transmission from it :P

FS: 2008 Accord V6 manual 6spd

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

$4,000 seems to be really cheap for that car. Maybe I just haven't looked in a while. As transmissions go, I have two CL-S 6-speeds and a 6-speed from a '14 Accord I just picked up a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I was about to pick up a '04 parts accord, when my then daily driver kicked the bucket. Can't put the Accord under the knife if I need it for school :/ This will definitely happen, my time table is just in years again. Jarrett will likely finish this before I do.

Comment

Working...
                        X