Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What non-Honda engine would you like to see in a CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
    Probably a LS4, you can bore them out to a 5.7l displacement, with cnc ported heads and cam, you'd see 420whp. it would torque steer like a mofo.

Wes beat me to it, LS4 has my vote!
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

mazdaspeed 3
      FA1

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I have one...

Saab B202. 160hp DOHC turbo engine.
        Longitudinally mounted with the clutch up front, and the transmission underneath. Why? Because it's freakin' weird, that's why!

Maybe with a turbo. But it does move that little Saab nicely. Oh and equal length driveshafts = zero torque steer.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

How about this one?
          Originally posted by cb7dazz
          And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          ...for example

Comment

Really? Nobody's for an ls7? 7L 427 monster! Screw it being front wheel though.. I want to know why that LS above is driving front wheels.

Comment

Because that's the way GM engineers designed it for use in certain GM vehicles about 10 years ago. The platforms the engine was slated to go into were already existing FWD vehicles. So, they just adapted this engine to fit.

I would assume it could be wet-sleeved just as any LSX engine could, so that would technically put the maximum displacement for this engine at around 454ci, assuming the aftermarket stroker crankshaft is machined to match the FWD snout and rear flange. Because who DOESN'T need 600 N/A whp going through an automatic FWD transmission?
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                Really? Nobody's for an ls7? 7L 427 monster! Screw it being front wheel though.. I want to know why that LS above is driving front wheels.
                To practice for mid engine mounting

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Most likely because in the first post I said to keep it FWD.

I remember my old 02 Grand Prix GTP. The supercharged L67 under the hood of that thing made 240hp and 280 lb·ft, through a 4 speed automatic. Not massive power by today's standards, but it was on par with many V8s of the time. I could mash the gas and spin the front tires through 2nd gear! A truly absurd amount of power to put to the front wheels.
                  The LS4 pictured above could be found in the next generation Grand Prix GXP, and it made 303 hp and 323 lb·ft. Also through a 4 speed auto. That's just obscene.

Comment

SR20VE from p12 primera. Full bolt ons with n1 cams is 220-230whp, great gas mileage, 6spd and it's already hydraulic clutch and cable shift. http://www.naganojapanese.com/engine...ECU_JDM_SR20VE

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Nice!

Comment

May be a little unrealistic but a small radial airplane engine assuming that there are small enough ones that exist...

Comment

Ported 13B

Comment

Ported 13B
                            Ooh, a rotary cb would be sick!

Comment

Bugatti W16! This thing probably weighs half as much as the CB7 haha. MAN look how beefy this lump is!

The only problem would be cooling the thing.....I think the Veyron has 12 radiators placed throughout the car.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 07-02-2015, 11:38 PM.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X